Hitler rants about the lack of dedicated servers on Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tonkamania, 19 Oct 2009.

1. Hitler rants about the lack of dedicated servers on Modern Warfare 2

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FKty5Kpf4w[/video]

2. Re: Hitler rants about the lack of dedicated servers on Modern Warfare 2

LOL

And here I was thinking MW2 could be the next main game for GM :(

3. Re: Hitler rants about the lack of dedicated servers on Modern Warfare 2

nice find tonks.

this sucks. matchmaking is fine for left 4 dead, small numbers. but on mw2 32players for matchmaking :/ :suicide:

sign the petition. I signed :D

also there's no delay for the pc version. i'll see what happpens first then buy it.

4. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Re: Hitler rants about the lack of dedicated servers on Modern Warfare 2

No fuckin way!!!

I cancelled my pre ordered version at UK Amazon because of that crap!! No Dedis???? Wtf!!! Just read about it im a ger forum, and everyone including myself is just raging.

Oh, btw: MW2 will be a steam based game \o/ More steam users (allthough it are just CoD kiddies xD)

Btw; Imagine a mayor update of MW2 trough the steam update servers (the ones that allready seem to collapse at TF2 updates xD) !!!!!! ^^

5. Re: Hitler rants about the lack of dedicated servers on Modern Warfare 2

nvm

6. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Lol, just signed the petition against "no Dedi servers", allready 103K signs after ~2 days =D

http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/

7. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Signed the petition as well

"It is sad, Infinity Awards..."

8. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

105481 Signatures Total

+2K IN less than an hour.
    WOW
    that's one every 2 seconds! :O
    HOLY CRAP

9. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Signed it by yourself ?!

Dont let the rage petition stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :3

10. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

ofc I signed it :P

11. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Just found this nice comment, that really summs it up:

Talk about spitting in the community's face. (comment from jackal on joystiq.com) "Privately owned servers ensure that, when IW's gets yanked offline for maintenance or goes down because they can't handle the player load they've been given, people can still play the game online. This is why some of the most touted exclusives for the Xbox 360 and PS3 were unplayable online for days (or even weeks) after they were launched. IW and Activision both know this, so their decision to remove a feature just to "streamline" online connectivity in a market that had online multiplayer years before any console did (and did just fine) is simply an anti-consumer act that is nigh retarded. Completely removing mod support from a PC title is, also, an act of unfathomable stupidity. PC games are often bought because they provide the consumer with an opportunity to create their own content in an environment where they don't have the money or technical expertise to do otherwise. Counter Strike started off as a Half-life mod; it is still one the most played games online for any platform despite having been released a decade ago. Team Fortess? It's Quake mod that's had infinity longer legs (and arguable more success) than the very game it was spawned from. The PC port of RE4 looked worse than the PS2 version did when it was released; because of the community, updates were made to the game that not only allow it to easily compete with most current gen titles, but fixed the well documented control issues and even provided others (I'm sure you can now use a Wiimote for the PC version). We could delve into the countless weapons, characters, custom maps, custom levels, and total conversions that the modding community have made. These are all things the console ecosystem often does not provide (sometimes for copyright issues, sometimes to wring money out of wallets in order to sell you things the community could've created in a day) and it's always been a major factor in purchasing a game for one platform over another. Which, I'm sure, is why they killed MW2's modding community before it had a chance to begin; they now have the opportunity to sell us 3 maps at the low price of $10 and there's no way for us to compete with them. With IW pulling the feature from one of the year's most advertised and anticipated games in order to hock **** to us we would've made on our own, they risk giving other developer a precedent to do the same for future titles. ::claps:: Way to piss on the fans that made you a top developer, Infinity Ward. To do all of that while charging us $60 for a game that offers substantially less than its $50 predecessor did while forcing us to use Steam so our games can't be resold after they're played and then to completely hack out any feature that would've made the game desirable to a PC gamer in the first g*ddamn place...well...there's just no point in playing or owning the PC version even if it does look and perform better. To all Infinity Ward and Activision employees (which I'm sure is none) who read this site, I have the following kind words for your consideration. Go **** yourselves, your games, and I hope to see all of your future endeavors flop horrifically. We made you (Infinity Ward) what you are today and you ******** can't even make a clean stab to our backs as a token of appreciation; no, you've got to twist the blade slightly so we actually feel the pain. Your FPS is one of many available to a platform that spawned and still dominates the genre; no matter how anticipated, no matter how advertised, you're just one fish in a sea of many. I hope Activision runs you and your franchise into the ground just like they have to every one of their pet developers; at this point in time, you don't deserve anything else."

12. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Signed it right now counting@120k+:awesome:

13. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Gratz ;-)

Btw: there's some epic RAAAAAAAAGE in the IW Forum ^^ Its pure insanity, PC player are posting nothing but goood ol' hate there ! =)

14. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Another senseless killing because of IW D:

15. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

nice find on that comment Oba, it pretty much sums up everything

i srsly hope that if IW don't remove this console look-a-like matchmaking, they'll get broke...

16. Knud Phat beats only

Well, if they use steam for it, I mean, for ALL gamers on PC, maybe, but just MAYBE, things can go just fine/okay....
    (server browser style like TF2 would be okay)

But I very much doubt it.. And remember the trailer, on the last 10-20s shows a message: "searching for new server - migrating to new server", that is gonna be huge ass crap!

17. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Today's update at 11:30 Dutch time: 133 234 Total Signatures

18. Re: Hitler rants about the lack of dedicated servers on Modern Warfare 2

It'll be funny when this turns into GunZ. (P2P)

19. Gaw discord is my friend now

133,234?

That's over nine THOUSAAAAAAAAAND!!!@@@!@

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)