Internal training match this Sunday 7 pm GMT

Discussion in 'Events' started by Th-, 29 Jan 2009.

1. Th-

Internal training match this Sunday 7 pm GMT

Internal match this Sunday [strike:357m6n53]8pm[/strike:357m6n53] 7pm it is GMT

We want to get our new members into matches and to understand the different dynamics compared to public. Need at least two experienced players to lead the teams and the rest will be of our newest recruits and older members. Should be at least 6v6 but the format is not relevant, 7v7, 8v8 or 9v9 will do just fine.

The goal is to understand how to play in a match, its gonna be about the basic things on which to build more, so don't be afraid. After each round we will take a break of 2-4 minutes and discuss how to improve the game next round. Hopefully this will be a rich experience.

The organization of this match will be different from the past internal events: I will nominate the leaders (AKA captains/callers) in each team. While you play, do as your captain tells you to and think about the reasons of the decisions, this is how you will learn. A few things we have learned from previous matches:
    • be early on server, and if possible warm up early[/*:m:357m6n53]
    • keep an eye on chats that the organizer uses (me in this case)[/*:m:357m6n53]
    • obey the organizer always as fast as possible[/*:m:357m6n53]
    • if you have to leave early, you must get a sub[/*:m:357m6n53]
    • class changes only with the captain's permission[/*:m:357m6n53]
    • give your votes quickly[/*:m:357m6n53]
    • if classes aren't sorted in 5 minutes after 8pm, captain will order them[/*:m:357m6n53]
    Some matches were hard to organize because of deviation from the above points. This caused everything being considerably late and everyone getting more or less pissed, so lets fix that this time. I have to implore you to take the schedule and orders seriously. It is an international gathering you know. As you sign up, get vent installed and tested. I'll start contacting everyone at least 20min before we begin, and his event is meant to last approximately 1,5 hours after 8pm. Some qualities of professional players are about getting events done smoothly. Remember to behave politely at all times and think about others first, this mindset works well.
    fyi...
    being late = 1 warning
    leaving early without getting a sub = 1 warning
    untimely class change = 1 warning
    long unannounced break (1min+) = evil eye
    disobeying organizer = 2 warnings

Th (team 1 captain) / any class

2. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Re: Internal training match this Sunday 8 pm GMT

Uhmm I'd like to play this but 8pm means it's 9pm my time... which, unfortunately, is to late for me to join the game...

3. Re: Internal training match this Sunday 8 pm GMT

8 is too late, so unfortunately I can't play.

4. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Btw, isn't it better if we do this on a saturday again..? and how about 7pm? (maybe even 6.30..?)

5. IAmNomad Ex-Leader

yes, saturday, please. Sunday is this. I mean if you had real football maybe you would realize this but you silly gits fancy soccer or sticky wickets or whatever

6. Th-

I was under the impression that on Saturday ppl are more busy than on Sunday. Very well we can make the time at 7pm, you'll have plenty of time before the NFL thingy, and should even be early enough to cause no problems.

7. Th-

8. Re: Internal training match this Sunday 7 pm GMT

Are we to understand the training time will now be 7pm Saturday, as opposed to what is stated in the thread title? Or 7pm sunday? Confusing posts. Either way I'd love to play, preferably Sunday, if I'm free. I'm more likely to be free Sunday evening :!:

9. Th-

Re: Internal training match this Sunday 7 pm GMT

Sunday it is.

10. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

lol 'sticky wickets'?

11. Re: Internal training match this Sunday 7 pm GMT

Sorry guys, I'm going out tonight from 7.

Seems I'm missing quite a few sessions here... Apologies!

Have fun though!

12. Th-

Yep we actually had 2 internal matches during the weekend, because I figured on Saturday that I wanted a match so I organized one. The Sunday's match was not too crowded and since we also had server problems so we took the arena server and just played with alltalk on and so on. Both events were definitely fun and it seemed like people learned a bit about how to play a class in a match, well done, and let us not forget how some got familiar with maps never played before.

Today Pissmidget wanted a match so we gathered 12 ppl and set it up: played Well, Granary and Fastlane. This was also a blast and I believe very educative for some of our newest members You Rang?, GM-R BestPlayer and Wooo_maker. GG

(playing scout got my adrenaline pumping hehheh...) Anyway, new members should make an effort to think their game and ask advice on senior GMs. Get your basics covered, configs, ergonomics, settings, learn your rocketjumps and read the sticky guide on TF2 forums so you know roughly what to do as any class. Then just play more and get into details after some matches. Cya later

13. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Sorry for not being on any of those but I had some trouble with my dad in the weekend... He was a bit grumpy and cursing at everything and everyone and later on saturday, he forbid me to play during hte weekends...

So I hope I can play again next time *fingers crossed*

14. Re: Internal training match this Sunday 7 pm GMT

Yup was a blast last night - I also played scout and couldn't agree more, one of the most fun classes to play, especially escaping with 2hp after wasting a medic. Oh - me to my team on Fastlane (after we were reduced to 5 v 4) "Medic down.....heavy down.....scout down......demo down.....So i just killed their entire team, anyone want to come give me a hand?" :lol: :lol:

15. Re: Internal training match this Sunday 7 pm GMT

Oh it is sad day! :cry:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internal training