Issue with HLstats - crit kill

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Knud, 18 Feb 2009.

1. Knud Phat beats only

Issue with HLstats - crit kill

Today I noticed that if you make a crit kill (except sniper-headshot) you will loose 1 point, because you made a crit kill?

Why is that? I don't think that is really fair. I know not everyone likes crit and all, but this is the other end IMO.

2. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

Re: Issue with HLstats - crit kill

yeah, how can you help getting a crit kill? O.o i think its a bug in hlstats...again

3. Re: Issue with HLstats - crit kill

so you lose -1 point? but you still get your score for the kill i assume, 5-9 points or whatever it is, i have no idea.

So you're points gained from the kill are just reduced by 1, because it was a crit? sounds ok to me tbh.

4. Re: Issue with HLstats - crit kill

it probably been change for a reason :evil:

darkie explain

5. Re: Issue with HLstats - crit kill

what about the backburner, loosing airblast for 100% crits from behind. Don't see how that's fair i loose 1 point every time i kill someone from behind.

6. Ash

It's only one point.. seing as it doesnt take more then 10-15mins to get 300+ points anyway I wouldn't worry about it ^^

Block cap..capture cap.. cap flag.. block flag cap.. win round.. thats where the big points are and are what are important to win the match ^^

7. Knud Phat beats only

Those weapons mentioned above dont have this "bug".

Anyways, I can live with it, but it still doesnt feel 100% right :)

8. Re: Issue with HLstats - crit kill

crits are lame anyway XDDD

9. Re: Issue with HLstats - crit kill

aslong as my backburner isn't affected i dont care so watch your backed :P

10. Re: Issue with HLstats - crit kill

Skillfull play = More kills and/or more damage
    More kills and/or more damage = more crits.
    More crits = more crit kills
    more crit kills = less points per kill

so wtf you get less points for being skilled? And besides, a Player cannot :arrow: choose to get a crit so its a punishment for players who are more skilled. And players with a higher rank already DO get less points per kill so that 1 point is an unecessary punishment.

However, everybody suffers from this because of random crits. So you get lucky and get less points for that. Whoopee.

So you not only get blue-balled for being better and thusly getting more crits, no you ALSO get blueballed for random crits. That might drive people of GM's Servers cause they will want to play no-crit. Please fix this. It sucks imo.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hlstatsx loose point