little question about connecting a pc to a tv

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by Subv, 7 Jun 2015.

1. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

so i have my laptop which I watch shows on often, and it doesn't have an hdmi connection, but it does have a vga one, and my tv doesn't have a vga connection, but has an hdmi one, my question is, what type of adapter do I need to buy for it to work (female hdmi to vga?), and is there a cheaper way than buying an adapter(which are also cheap as knobs so doubt it)

2. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Whatever you do, do not buy a a HDMI to VGA cable. They do not work. I don't even know why they bother to exist.

You will need a converter box. There's expensive ones, but there's also £12 ones like this one. I have no idea how good this one is, but the reviews seem favourable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

dont think i can quite afford one of those, any other way that might be cheaper? I saw some 5$~ adapters, the ones that require 2 cables, would that work?

4. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

You're gonna have to link to what you're looking at.

Put it this way, if it's not got a power adaptor or USB power, do not think about getting it.

5. Can you take a photo of all the ports on your laptop and your tv?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

example 1
    example 2
    along the lines of these

Will do when I finish up some schoolwork.

7. those are both the wrong way around - they would only work if your laptop had only hdmi and your tv had only vga

8. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sry for low quality.
    @Dark @Rioter

VGA, ethernet, and another connection I don't know on the laptop
    hdmi and tv VA on the tv

9. To the top left of the 3 USB ports looks like a full size displayport - which would allow you to just buy a cheap displayport to hdmi cable

10. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

always wondered what it was, thankyou

one like this will work?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)