LoL 1v1 Tournament Brainstorm Thread

Discussion in 'Events' started by Gaw, 1 Dec 2013.

1. Gaw discord is my friend now

So, the recent 1v1 tournament turned out to be pretty popular. If it is developed more, it could turn into an excellent regular GM event. Let's discuss how we can get the best implementation possible for this event.

The ideas floating about now are:
    • Monthly event - first Saturday of each month perhaps
    • Icon on forums as prize, collective prize pool for more prizes - skins/RP?
    • Streamed on an official GM Twitch channel, 720p+ quality
    • Roster of unbiased shoutcasters - could be rotated between matches? How do we decide who can shoutcast?
    • Amateur tournaments now and again to give lower skilled players a chance
    • What format - single elimination, BO3/BO5/Round Robin etc
    Everyone suggest your ideas, let's get this ball rolling!

2. I'd offer myself as a stream source/recording/shoutcasting.

3. I suggest you just give the prize money to me.

If I am not banned that is

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Skele Scumbag Skele

I'm up for streaming and shoutcasting, i have good enough internet and will happily do it.

5. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

So, IMO, this is how I'd run it.

Group stages first, split into skill levels. I'm tempted to say Bronze/Silver/Gold/Plat/Dia, but there are loads of problems with that.
    Anyway, top two or so from each group go through and play off against others.

I'd have two shoutcasters with a guest now and again. The 3 minute waits between games can be filled with the victor of the previous game talking about what happened etc.

Stream it on the GM Twitch channel, give out the stream key to a designated streamer, probably someone who's shoutcasting.

Shoutcasters shouldn't be players. They need to be available and reliable.

I can stream/shoutcast if necessary.

6. Skele Scumbag Skele

All Irish shoutcasters!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Skele and I spend so much time inside/on the computer, we're always available, plus, dat cohesion AND I'M A FUCKING RETARD?!?!?!?!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. It might discourage new viewers if they can't understand the shoutcasters

lel jk

9. [ACG] Bob The Builder We can't fix this f*cking sh*t

speak engrish onry

10. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

I would just like to make it clear that you're not useful, you're a tool.

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  11. [ACG] Bob The Builder We can't fix this f*cking sh*t

can we not just stream the match live by like having someone who streams well join the game as a random champ with no global effect in anyway afk somewhere on the map?

12. <3

13. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Increases turret hp.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. [ACG] Bob The Builder We can't fix this f*cking sh*t

1 in each team then lol

15. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

But what if there is 2 of them?

16. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Ruins the flow of the game. People are discouraged to push because taking turret is a lot more difficult.

17. I'd actually like to request feedback before I put myself up as a shoutcaster. Any positive feedback/ideas for improvement would be very greatly appreciated.

Also, I think tournaments should be set up for the players who haven't been playing for years like some other players have to put up a fair playing ground. Otherwise, I think in regular tournaments the groups should be made so there is an equal difficulty in each, or otherwise using a randomising program as some have suggested.

18. Gaw discord is my friend now

Then a turret win becomes more difficult to attain, compared to kills or creep. It could have a drastic impact on certain champion choices. Other cons include not being able to see the whole map, and not being able to see items, cs etc easily. Definitely not worth it - there's no issue with having a 3 minute delay.

19. im up for shoutcasting if my new mic turns out to be good, though more for keeping shit flowing than actually providing game knowledge

also can use my desktop for actually providing the stream - one of the few things 6 physical cores are good at and I would be controlling it remotely so no need to touch it/interrupt stream/etc to interact with mumble etc

and it would allow me to play (on laptop) and stream simultaneously if I wanted to participate

Edit: I will test its ability to stream and record (dxtory) at 1080p simultaneously

Last edited: 1 Dec 2013
  20. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

Also I'll bring cat movies for the delays

• Like Like x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  21. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

I was joking anyway, blue doesn't really strike me as the outgoing shoutcaster type. Unless you mean be your minion to acquire coffee. In which case, lol.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)