Monday's Community Matches

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Myke, 20 Jul 2008.

1. Monday's Community Matches

Now that Geitiegg has gone, we need someone to take responsibility for monday's community matches. (I haven't been at the last Com.Match, so i don't know if it was well excepted and if we should continue hosting them)

Some volunteers?

2. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Re: Monday's Community Matches

Well since he is (or was) going to Mexico, I was going to cover today's and next week's anyway, so if that takes the pressure off for now..

3. Re: Monday's Community Matches

weee,
    good to know.
    cheers mate.

4. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Well ofc I just thought I should say, when I said 'today', I obviously meant 'tomorrow'. Just, incase you hadn't noticed that wonderful bit of (absoloutely deliberate) humour.

Anyway yeah I've got these ones down, but is there anything I need to know? Do I need to introduce it? :P

5. Re: Monday's Community Matches

weeeeeelll,
    a Community Event would be a good idea...
    announcement... might still be necessary, yes.

6. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Hmm...I shall converse with the centre-man. That'd be core. I originally meant announce it like in-game say 'Hey all welcome to the second blah blah' but I suppose it needs posting as an event, and I have no idea how to/if I can do that so...yeah np

7. Re: Monday's Community Matches

Nomad, zero, dark, waebi and I can all post announcements in the steam group.

8. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Thought I'd say sorry I didn't make it to last night's match (18/8/08). An impromptu visit from an old friend meant going back to their place until 2, and then I only realised I'd missed it this morning so, sorry >.<

Are we still keeping them without a password, or will we go back to community and invitees?

9. Re: Monday's Community Matches

Community matches, realy its just one big PUBLIC server.. full of camp.

@@@ GIEF INTERNAL CLAN MATCHES @@@ 6-8 pr team @@@

10. Re: Monday's Community Matches

in community matches u just play some gravel pit or bustbowl whit 12-12 teams so that "match" is not so real :)

11. Re: Monday's Community Matches

Copy that :P

Could try to do something, lemme think for a bit.

12. Re: Monday's Community Matches

i my point of view, the community matches are made to keep the community happy, and that they feel involved. So it doesn't matter if it's a spamfest, it's about getting a fanbase. If you Zs don't like that gamemode, just don't join it... It's not meant as a training session for our squads. I'd say keep it as it is. (says the person that didn't join the community match once, because of the spamfest ;))

13. Re: Monday's Community Matches

Agree entirely. It's not called "Extra super training for Z and other squads" it's a 'community match', so leave it as it is and if you don't like what/how is played then just don't play...

14. Re: Monday's Community Matches

i actually like it, the skill level there is a bit higher than normally so... :P

It's not about "us Z's" (-.-), but about the squads which play matches soon and want to practise some more.

15. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Nonono it's not about the fact that people will feel left out...it's that people join and have no idea it's a match server, let alone a community match...they just see gravelpit and go for it. imo I think we should password it and give that only to actual community members, allowing invites. Meh. Maybe that's just me.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)