New home page idea

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Dark, 13 Jan 2010.

?

Do it?

1. Do it faggot

90.5%
  2. Fine as it is

9.5%
  1. New home page idea

Our current home page is pretty shit really - a wall of About Us text followed by outdated and unorganised news.

I think it would be much better to have:

Left (main) column:

• Giant servers list including map images, player counts, ip, server name, fold-out player list, etc.
    • Split into 2 sub-columns: Top 10 HLstatsX players, Top 10 PropHunt players
    • A more concise "About Us" with some nice TF2 related images floating beside the text.
    (in that order)

Right column: As it is now, minus the server list.

And no news - our news forum and the vBulletin notices system are more than enough.

And regardless of how this poll goes, I will be introducing a sidebar on the forumhome page (that's not the home home page) with recent posts, the current servers widget and some other stuff.

Last edited: 27 Nov 2013
  2. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Did we just scrap bylaws etc in the end?

3. Spykodemon Disabled account

4. Yeah rules are no fun

5. What happened to the DarkChat thingy which was on the old forum? I miss that :(

On an unrelated note, this message showed when signing in today:
    Code:
    The file C:\wamp\www\gamingmasters.org/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00000l/vbulletin.css is missing. This would indicate your forum is not set to save CSS on the filesystem. If you are certain it is, try running Compress CSS again.
    To prevent issues, your forum is currently running without optimised CSS as a fallback.

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  6. If you mean shoutbox I think we're waiting for vBulletin 4 compatible version

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  7. There is a vB4 shoutbox, but it's terrible. I might write my own sometime :)

8. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Would be nice.

9. Geit Coding wizard!

Do eet.

10. I'm all up for that if u need any help.

11. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

sounds good, and how long for the epic spambox to return?

12. Depends how long it takes for a decent shoutbox to be released :P

Also I'm working on the new homepage now :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)