New Logo Competition

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Th-, 7 Jan 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Th-

Re: New Logo Competition

Sure its cool, definitely one of the best so far. Unfortunately it is still made on the picture of the pyro, which is not of your own making. I doubt we will be sued if we would use it but the previous statement still stands. Only original work will be considered for our logo. You may use some details from previous art, not a large part of a large picture. Production from Valve can be used and maybe a suitable screenshot etc of a character from other ppl.

2. Re: New Logo Competition

Remove the pyro, and replace it with the outline of any other class in a roughly similar position (captured and rendered by you) and it should be fine :)

3. Re: New Logo Competition

ahhh th ur breakin ma balls lol...i could re make that image myself from scratch pretty much exactly the same as it is now (trees wont b the same obviously but ive seen that piro render before...infact tom used it in his design on page 2 or summin...its jus been blacked out here) but i really dont see the point. Where did u get the image from anyway....if its sumwhere like deviant art id rather just ask permission to use that 1 than re-do another but if u really REALLY must insist on me replacing it..........i can, i doubt it would look as good as the original tho.

4. Re: New Logo Competition

If you can't get permission from the original author, then just replace the pyro bit - the trees are probably alright.

5. Re: New Logo Competition

ok well seeing as th didnt give me the link to the original pic i jus went ahead and re made it....basically i kept the background but re-made the trees as best i could and allthough kinda pointless re made the pyro from a render i found on the web. I also did as you suggested darki and kept the original background n trees but changed the class model....though i rekon the running pyro looks the best anyway.

Attached Files:

6. Re: New Logo Competition

last one...(dont really like the trees as much in this 1...the other pyro one looks better in my opinion)

edit: also if u do decide on choosing one of these designs ill make a matching header for the zps page ;)

Attached Files:

7. Re: New Logo Competition

Let's just go for the latest pyro one - it looks awesome.

If we run into copyright problems we can just change it later.

8. Re: New Logo Competition

ok cool :D u sure u want to go with that one tho....i mean i deffinatley think the other one is better looking..its not far off the original to be honest.....and i seriously seriously doubt ud run into any copyright issues now....the only thing i took from that image is the background and even thats been altered, ill keep the psd file just incase tho.

If u dont kno which one i ment looks better its this 1

p.s. i bought TF2 yesterday...was curious as to what all this fuss is about lol so am lookin foward to playin wit u guys some time soon :mrgreen: ill b a complete noob tho obviously :? lol

Attached Files:

9. Re: New Logo Competition

Sure, let's go with that one then :D

Any chance you could give me it in PNG-24 format without the gradient background?

10. Re: New Logo Competition

yea ofcourse ;)

not sure why it comes up with a black background in the smaller preview but that should be gone when you take the actual image...hopefully =\

Attached Files:

11. Re: New Logo Competition

made a quick zps header...dunno if u wanna use this or not but i included the transparent png if u do =)

Attached Files:

12. Re: New Logo Competition

wow :shock:

these r good ;)

13. Re: New Logo Competition

2 Carriers? Carrier can be only 1! :)

14. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

da.. da.... daaadaa... He's good :S

15. Re: New Logo Competition

Nice... :) davzee good graphics. ;)

16. Re: New Logo Competition

Thanks for the posotive feedback on the zps header guys :)

but yea i get where you were coming from regarding the main header th....indeed the design doesnt really project any sense of teamwork and community, what with the entire design based around a single pyro at its centre but as much as i enjoy making these images im not gunna have the time do make another...goin to see the missus in newcastle for a couple of days n i probz wont b allowed to use the pc while im there lol...u kno how it is :| :roll:

Anyway im not sure how to use that green map u sent me...im a complete noob to tf2 lol :? so i jus scrapped the rogue pyro and replaced it with the tf2 team characters rendered together image that dannykiller posted earlier on (cheers for that danny) and made a couple adjustments....i think it actually looks pretty decent and now portrays the clans core values, any how this will be my final design for now, i hope u like it and i obviously hope u decide on using it lol :P though im looking foward to seeing any1 elses design ideas when i get back =)

take it easy.

Attached Files:

17. Th-

Its a fairly nice picture, definitely one of those we will vote on. Have fun abroad... GL with the mrs davzee ;)

18. LienK Wat

Not by far as good as davzee's, but I thought I'd give it a go :)

Attached Files:

19. Re: New Logo Competition

Not bad :)

Suggestions:

- Make it a teensy bit (50px ish) wider - I don't mind if you go a little bit wider, as long as it will fit comfortably on 1024px wide resolutions - this will allow the medic to fit comfortably.
    - Cut out the bits of the render that go outside the red rectangle
    - Make the render silhouetted (either very black or solid black), and add some sort of border/stroke if it looks weird.

20. LienK Wat

Thanks for comments!

Like this, or did I get you wrong? :P

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)