New Map: Miniature Railraods, Still in progress

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by JohnnyBeGood, 18 Feb 2010.

1. New Map: Miniature Railraods, Still in progress

Anyways, as some of you know Im working on a new map (Miniature Railraod). And taken into account this is the first map ive done since CS 1.6 or whatever it was callled, this map is pretty much gonna take some time since I gotta learn and relearn a lot of stuff. Anyhow it's comming along nicely.
    Found out how the scenery is gonna look and made the first track out of 3 total tracks.
    Main problem so far has been in making triggers and the trains that work, but I've figured out how to make alternative paths and such.... ohh yeah this has two waterfalls and a clubhouse. :dance:
    But yeah enough of that, since ive been working on this a lot lately I needed a loadoff, so I made 3 custom racer train which will be useable once the main train is derailed.

But I thought I'd share and hopefully get a bit of feedback.

Though I gotta say, there is still a long way to go and a lot of areas need to be filled with ..stuff. But theres nothing wrong in making sure everything works befor you one puts more in.

Enjoy
    View attachment 1948 View attachment 1949 View attachment 1950 View attachment 1952 View attachment 1947 View attachment 1955 View attachment 1953 View attachment 1954 View attachment 1951

PS. Yes there still is a lot of work to be done.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  2. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Epic much?

3. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Looking good so far Johnny. As you said, a lot of space needs filling once you finish the trains, ofcourse.Maybe if you added a boundary to the map to avoid a multitude of "I'm found, let's suicide" that would probably happen.

Still, looks good, FaN noob :3

4. pascal mapper

cool map (so far haha) mayby for shooting jpg`s do sv_cheats on (sv_cheats 1) and then do cl_drawhud 0 then you see the hud not and mayby trai to do (thirdeview? or somting like this )

5. Pascal: Seem like a very good idea, ty ty

The MC: So far the boundries are open taken into account the theme of the map is a miniature railroad... got this crazy idea of making the blue span in the skybox where they look down on a "mini" version of the map, so it looks like theres giant pyros all the way around.
    Though this plan of mine has problems, but im willing to see if i can make it work as intended. If not ill just name it railrods prolly and set a boundry... a proper one with a fence so you dont look right over the edge, for the smoth sexy look.

6. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

try making the trains move via pressing a button on the train. i'd laugh to a random box driving away from a group of pyros on the train

7. Taken into account that a button mostly would require a weapon to start thats gonna be a no. And its gonna leave to many ends that needs fixing. Ive already made a main train that can be started via touch though so poth pyros and props can use it. Also gonna make touchable triggers for giving alternativ paths for the train.

8. MrMike This is my face when you talk

looks great mah boy, i can't wait till ya finish it and it's put up =3
    looks like a laugh to play and looks more intresting than most of the ph maps =p

9. Well hopefully it will become a playable map beside all the "custom" stuff i put in, Still got a lot of details to work on so the map in it self wont be shit.

10. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

Yaay. Good luck. Kudos for putting a clubhouse in. :>

11. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

hooray for boxes running away on trains!

12. Okay it's about time for an update on the map.
    Basicly I've been having trouble with everything but most of it has (slowly) worked out. Displacements are a bitch so is sound and lighting. Trains are still "broken" though taken into account that you can get stuck in them and them surroundings if you ride them. So I am desperatly trying to fix that.

For the good news though I've completed to train tracks to ride on, the main plus an alternativ. The last one has yet to be made but Ill get there at some point. I also added a new red spawn and constructed the Blue spawn with a teleporter and a satelite and a cue line. (Problem here is that i can't make the trigger_teleport work for some odd reason).
    In the main play arean I've added quite a few buildings to hide on in besides or whatever. And I've also tried to make more than one entrance/exit so you either have an escape route or a better chance on sneaking up on people.
    Also a giant bridge with water tower has been added and a room with pipes a water just for the hell of it.

This is what i have for now. The layout of the map is about 2/3 complet minus all the small tweakings such as bushes and other small objects.

But for now enjoy these stunning screenshots.

View attachment 1967 View attachment 1968 View attachment 1969 View attachment 1970 View attachment 1971 View attachment 1972 View attachment 1973 View attachment 1974 View attachment 1975 View attachment 1976 View attachment 1977

Attached Files:

13. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

this looks good, too good, this bums me out, im ashamed of my map now and i aint even finished it yet :(

Are you working for a game developer as a level designer? or are you just a genious?

14. I just lack a life basicly :P
    But also i've reused some of the buildings from other maps, looks better and saves a ton of time, I took a lot of those buildings you can't enter and hollowed them out.

If you look at the Red spawn and look closely, you might be able to see i took that one from sawmil.

15. pascal mapper

cool realy! i like it realy ;)

16. Spykodemon Disabled account

All Johnny really

17. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

lawl i've done the same with a spawn building from timbertown :P and the stairs from warehouse (sorry geit :() ctrl + c ftw

18. Geit Coding wizard!

Farm's brushwork is about 80% prefabs. Which is one of the reasons I dislike it, I find that you get much more statisfaction for getting commended on your own work. No harm is done by copying though (hence why all my maps are open source.), just give credit where due and no harm is done.

19. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

i see the sawmill house...

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN

~Heavy

still, here's a list of props you could use

Pallet(In almost every PH map)
    Bucket(In almost every PH map)
    Wood Stack(In almost every PH map)
    Wood Pile(In almost every PH map)
    Cinder Block(In almost every PH map)
    Train
    Lights
    Door
    Picture

20. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Requesting Water Tower prop.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. master of maps miniature

2. map miniature