Opps?!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bulletproof, 13 Jul 2009.

1. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Opps?!

i just got Uxtheme Multi-patcher 6.0 coz i wanted this 3-rd party xp theme but now all my other themes are gone and i cant get zune back ? help?!

2. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Re: Opps?!

bump, i rlly need help with this

Ive got the oldest windows theme on atm theres no others anymore :S

3. Re: Opps?!

Zune theme can be download again.

google the other themes names or go back to the site where u got them from.

4. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

I only had Zune custom. but the XP theme that came with the pc is gone. Zune wont re-install back on.

5. Longbow Victorique <3

Restore your original Uxtheme.dll to the right place. (if you dont have the original it should still be OK, im not sure though, although if it does go wrong, im sure your computer won't go bzzzzzrkkk!)

Set a restore point first just incase something bad happens

1. Okay first you need to find out which Service Pack you are running. To do this simple press the Windows flag key+Pause/Break key. This is going to open the system properties window. Here it is going to say which service pack you are running
    2. Now you have some downloading to do.
    First get: The appropriate Uxtheme.dll file suited to your service pack.
    3. Unzip the file to your desktop
    4. Now you need to download the Replacer(I recommend getting a stable version). The replacer efficiently replaces your system files and is supposed to be completely safe. This program also backs up your file in case you need to revert the changes.
    5. Unzip the Replacer to your desktop. Make sure you read the “readme” because it has some important tips on how to revert those changes that you made.

Now you are ready to replace your uxtheme.dll file

1. Now double click on the replacer file (replacer.cmd)
    2. Then it will ask you to drag and drop the original system file you want to replace. So go to the System32 folder and somewhere near the bottom you are going to see the uxtheme.dll file. Drag and drop it into the window.
    Note: your computer may have more than 1 uxtheme.dll file but usually the file that you computer is using is the one in the system32 folder. (usually the location for your Uxtheme.dll file is C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll)
    3. Press Enter
    4. Then it will ask you to drag the file you want to replace. Open the folder with the downloaded file and drag and drop the file into replacer.
    5. Now it will ask you to confirm that you want to replace the files or not. So double check and then press enter.

Replacer will now swap your original file with the new one. Now restart your computer.

Congratulations you can now use custom msstyle themes on your computer. Which is going to make your computer look super cool!

This is the method I used and it worked fine. (service pack 3 version of Uxtheme.dll)

6. Re: Opps?!

well first do what longbox said.

and next time back-up the original files.

try this, it might help. just google around m8

7. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

What do u mean First get: The appropriate Uxtheme.dll file suited to your service pack.

on windows flag + pause ive got:

System: Microsoft windows XP
    Home edition
    Version 2002
    Service pack 3

8. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

9. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

okk i think iv'e done it. the 300mb was wrong. im going to restart now. Can someone link me a good custom theme so i can try it

10. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

OK lol this might looks as if im crazy talkin to myself but im really doubtfull :P anyways

THANK YOU SO MUCH LONGBOW !! ^^ ive got my original XP theme back and Zune. Now im gonna look at some customs. <3

11. Re: Opps?!

This is why Tuneup Theme Service > patching uxtheme.dll

~1.5mb ram usage, no restart required and it can be freely turned on and off.

12. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

But patching the uxtheme.dll make you feel like you achieved more. D:

13. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

lol the patcher was actually fun

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)