Orange X3

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by sandman1985, 5 Jun 2009.

1. Orange X3

Not impressed with the replacement of the excellent #4 Rotation server boasting proper, non-spamfest maps, such as 24-player gravelpit, to this frankly shit, poorly-designed spammer Orange X3 map 24 hours per day. I assume there was no vote for this? >/

2. Fromage "The Cheese"

Re: Orange X3

Agree, that map sucks (sniping only :( )

Erik

3. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Rotation was near to never being used. In the time of 5 days, 2fort had overtook the stats #4 had gained over it's entire life time, (yes I know, it is 2fort and it's a lolsnipercampspamdumpragefest).

At least orange x is being used, but I do agree, most of the times it's just a endless stalemate.

4. Fromage "The Cheese"

And that's really what matters. If the map is popular you should keep it I guess :bang:

Erik

5. Geit Coding wizard!

This.

No one even bothered TRYING to fill #4, now it fills itself.

The server was filled once a fortnight, if even that, and usally it would empty out within an hour or two, the decision to test out Orange was made and it had proved itself a tremendous success in a matter of hours, even though it may be a spam map, it is almost as popular as #1, filling early in the day and staying filled till late night.

6. Re: Orange X3

This is about what kind of people GM wants to have on their servers..

And what GM is now, i think Orange fits very well

7. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

I like to play orange once in awhile and the GM server is good,

8. Re: Orange X3

Wow, Mr. Jacobsen is saying something nice for once, hehe:D

9. Re: Orange X3

I think his statement is more of a double-edged sword.... (poor use of a metaphor) ^^

10. Re: Orange X3

The Orange X3 is pretty fun map and it's loots of new players who plays on it, so i would say that it will be good for GM to have that map:):dance:

11. Re: Orange X3

There is loads of better orange maps than that one,at least make a orange rotation map server

12. Geit Coding wizard!

^ Yes, the problem with orange rotations though, is that they don't rotate, because of the insanely long round times (Or lack of them).

I have yet to see an orange map as popular as x3.:s

13. Re: Orange X3

Definately agreed. :)

14. Knud Phat beats only

I like orange x3, its good for practising sniper and spy.
    But due to do that... almost no team seems to win..
    It's easy to win, if everyone cares to understand the idea behind TF2 ;)

Oh well, we could always make it a "gravilpit/granary/orange" rotation server?

15. Jagamuta Cabbage was here!

Make one round last 20-30 min. then if no one wins: Sudden death(melee only with no respawn)?

16. Knud Phat beats only

+1! That is a nice idea :)

17. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Well Jags you're coming close but I've never liked the melee mode... what if, at sudden death) a vote pops up with all 9 classes, the one that wins the vote, is the new class for everyone at sudden death

E.G. scouts only or something :D

If course, this goes without respawning

18. Re: Orange X3

i understand that orange map is popular, i go on there for 20 mins then i get bored of it the same thing every time, and some cases it never ends :wat:

we should have at least a rotation server. otherwise I just play on other servers for match maps.

19. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

+1

If there'd be downsides for a rotation server, why don't put the most popular ones up in it, like Badlands, Granary, maybe even turbine

20. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. orange x3 map download

2. orange_x3 map

3. Orange x3

4. tf2 how to active sudden death on orange map,
  5. maps in the same style as orange x3,
  6. gaming masters orange x3,
  7. orange x3 tf2 sucks,
  8. download orange x3,
  9. orange x3 download,
  10. sudden death in orange x3