ph_headquarters

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by combatfetus, 9 Jan 2010.

1. ph_headquarters

Thought I'd start a new thread to talk about the Prophunt map I'm working on, which I'm planning to name Headquarters.

*Update* 1/09/10

• Screenshots:
      Spawn, added props/fixed lights:
      [​IMG]
      Main area, changed red to dark blue to keep flow, seems to make more sense:
      [​IMG]
      Top, made a few fixes with textures/lighting:
      [​IMG]
      Outside, added a few lights and trees:
      [​IMG]
      Dark side, formerly red, added props/fixed lights:
      [​IMG]
      Light side, added props/lights:
      [​IMG]

Updates:
    • Props added
    • Textures fixed
    • Lighting fixed/changed, sprites added
    • Upper level fixes
    • Supports added to ventilation
    • Spawnroom updated
    • Decals added throughout the map
    To do:
    1. Fix shadows
    2. Edit a few lights
    3. Make spawn room door open after setup
    Geit - (or any others), if you're there, could you please explain how to make the spawn doors open after the setup ends? I am using a logic_relay and OnSetupfinished>Open, is this correct?

Almost ready to release a beta.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Spykodemon Disabled account

Holy shit this map looks nice!

3. Geit Coding wizard!

Looking good! - make sure the props that make ugly shadows have shadows disabled, or follow Youme's "pretty shadows guide" on tf2maps.net.

4. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Looks VERY nice!
    Keep up the good work!

5. Thanks everyone! I'm glad it's well-liked. This is my first TF2 map, actually.
    @Geit, thanks - I knew there had to be a way to fix that.

6. Geit Coding wizard!

Right, Quick detailed analysis before I get on the plane;

Screenshot 1(Main Area):

Looking good, but some of your textures are rather "flat" and bland, try using varying textures and a mixture of vents, panels, overlays, decals and other methods of removing flatness from the wall. not only will these make the map look better, they will provide additional hiding spots and the reduce people's ability to memorise the room.

And, on your stairs you are using the plain Red paint texture, which blends a little too well with itself, I'd recommend using an IBeam (Enter that in the texture filter) texture instead, or some similar texture. - Also, pay special attention when you are lighting, a evenly lit map is an ugly map, don't be afraid to make some interesting lighting, such as giving them a hint of colour. (warehouse uses a very faint blue and has it's main lighting source coming from outside the hangar, with ambient light given by the roof lighting, creating a mix of shadows without compromising visibility.)

Also, your theming is a little off, the textures show the room as half RED half BLU, but all the props are RED. It's not a huge issue, but it's a little bit of a flaw in the consistency of the map. - The only problem with changing it is that all props spawn in their RED skin by default, but dark can randomise the skin on select props if you so wish.

Also, For the fog below the map (Seen in the glass floor), I can't quite tell if it's a smokestack or a proper particle, but be warned, the excessive use of either will result in extreme FPS lag.

Also (Repetition ftw), on the balcony your using some rather blocky brushes, which look fairly ugly. I think I've seen some diagonal 128x128 IBeam supports, which are similar to what you are using and will fit the existing theme in the room.

Screenshot 2 (Stairway):

Nothing much to comment on here.

The catwalk, maybe give it a rim of some type, the mesh connected to the handrails looks rather false/ugly.

Again, a few colour mismatches, you have a blue speaker on the RED side, and a RED panel that's almost invisible against the solid red wall.

Also, your brushwork is rather simple, I understand this is prerelease but it wouldn't hurt to add some complex brushwork here and there: a few rounded corners, a pillar or two, anything to make it look less "blocky"

Screenshot 3(Window):

Again, the issue with textures on the stairs as I mentioned above, not that big of an issue, but slightly irksome.

Also, the texture you are using on the bottom of the catwalk looks like a HL2 texture, there is a tf2 texture for catwalks, Warehouse uses it in excess.

All the other screenshots look fine and don't have any issues I haven't already pointed out above.

Oh, and welcome to the forums BTW.

7. Spykodemon Disabled account

lol

8. Apart from some bland walls like goat mentioned, this looks like it has a lot of potential :D

9. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

first pic, is the airvent just floating in the air? O.o
    awesome map overal, just needs a bit more tweaking.

10. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Looking like a nice map in the making. Agreeing with people when they say that some textures seem a little flat and bland.

Just make sure that it doesn't become a clusterfuck of props, else it would just be "another Warehouse" in my opinion.

11. Updates

Changes made ^

12. Don't bother with a logic_relay - just set doors to "1" in the config ;)

And don't forget to make a config if you haven't already :P

Anyway, looks a lot better now :D

13. this definatly looks good, how long off are you from release ?

14. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

... this map pwns

15. looks good :)

16. Thanks guys. I'm looking to release it pretty soon - maybe in the next week or so.

17. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

... soooo... you gonna hand over the .99 version to the PH admins so they can configure it for prop hunt?

18. I am planning to test it on Alpha Omega's server sometime soon. I'd gladly let it be tested on GM's server too, if any admins would like me to send it.

19. Soul explosion maniatic

I'd play that IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

I bet you do :awesome:

20. hey y'all, I have some free time so I'm thinking about updating this map. if anyone has ideas, please share!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ph_headquarters

2. tf2 ph_headquarters hiding spots

3. Geitor

4. game textures door,
  5. tf2 prop hunt headquarters hiding spot,
  6. ph_headquarters hiding spots,
  7. tf2 ph_headquartes