Poxie Out of Action

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Poxie, 12 Aug 2009.

1. Poxie Ray-Banned

Poxie Out of Action

After a long wait and scraping money together I finally got the chance to upgrade my PC, 2 years to be exact. I got myself nice shiny new bits and was very happy with them. I got my new motherboard on Monday, lovely bit of kit with the newest most powerful chipset you can buy currently for AMD. Ordered a new case as well, that arrived today. After putting all my things into my nice new case my PC wouldn't respond to powering up. After tinkering a little bit there was SOME life, albeit immediate shut down is far from convenient. So after more tinkering I got it to boot up for longer than half a second! But then my glee turned to "whuttage" as my motherboard began to explode and seemingly catch fire. Pulled the plug immediately.

So now I'm stuck with an expensive paper weight with a hole in it. Luckily my graphics card wasn't in, so that's at least saved. My new CPU was though, and with no way to test it I'm a bit worried to say the least.

I'm sitting here writing this on a laptop, that far from great but it shall do, awaiting a reply from the company I bought my board from, to see what they can do about it. Just my lucky they'll do nothing.

:bang:

Anyone want to send me some new stuff? :suicide:

BAWW!!!

2. Re: Poxie Out of Action

Holy shit. Warranty?

3. Poxie Ray-Banned

Re: Poxie Out of Action

I hope that it will cover explosions. I'm not overly willing on shelling out another 200 odd quid. :sigh:
    A standard 650W Modular PSU. Wasn't cheap either.

4. Spykodemon Disabled account

Well shit.

This makes me want to rethink about building someone elses PC for them.

5. Re: Poxie Out of Action

^That.... and thats not good

6. Re: Poxie Out of Action

D: Sad times... as long as you say that you were using an anti-static wrist band when you put it in and that you've done this kind of thing before then they should definatly replace it for you -- I've had this happen to me with an Intel motherboard and after it was taken out I poked the LGA for lolz :D

Anyway, good luck D:

7. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Faulty equipment, complain.

8. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

your mobo blew up? did I just read that correctly? O.O

9. Poxie Ray-Banned

Yep. Loud bang followed by orange flare and fuck loads of smoke.

10. Re: Poxie Out of Action

pics or it didnt happen xD

11. Poxie Ray-Banned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Knud Phat beats only

Dude, did you connect the ATX plug the wrong way? (Which is almost impossible, because its designed to be "one way only fitting")
    Or memory upside down? Or DDR2 in DDR3?

13. Poxie Ray-Banned

No. Memory upside down isn't possible, the ATX plug, I suppose can go in 2 ways, but no. I'm not tupids kay?

14. Knud Phat beats only

Just checking :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)