PropHunt Suggestions and Changes

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Geit, 28 Feb 2010.

1. Geit Coding wizard!

I hate the swamp theme. But everyone is requesting a swamp map and maps for lower amounts of players. So it's worth doing. This is actually putting my main project on hold, so I'm rushing it, at the time of SS, I've spent 2 hours working on it.

2. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

And I'll get around to that request you asked me to do at somestage.

3. So what do you have left to do Dark?

- Fix sitting out?
    - Turn off crits?
    - Possible remove Pistol from Engy?
    - Possible remove Dispensers?

4. Possible ways to nerf the engi:

- Remove pistol (almost certainly going to do this)
    - Disable collisions on all buildings
    - Disable healing from dispenser
    - Disable dispenser entirely

Also crits should already be off and yeah I'm still working on the sitting out.

5. MrMike This is my face when you talk

i think the dispensor should still be there, disable collisions and healing but i find it quite hard to find ammo on some maps and a dispenser helps alot

6. Not a bad idea actually - ammo only dispensers...

7. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Good idea I think. also someone built a dispenser on the CP when I was just playing...kinda encouraged CP camping, if no health was dispensed it should stop that, or at least reduce it.
    Also Persia is still buggy, just crashed the server a couple minutes ago.

Loving the new changes so far...

8. I suggest this song instead of "I am the one and only"

Simply because it is too awsome.

9. for the last prop it should be

10. Geit Coding wizard!

and..

-Taunting
    -Prop Selection/Switch
    -Cvars for enabling/disabling classes

11. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

You're both wrong, the last prop song should be

12. I agree~

I have some suggestions regarding the Dispenser issues, Dark. How to get it to work well and balance it out.

- Remove the health boost Pyros get on kill.

At the moment you can continuous M1 for 15 seconds which leaves you with 2 HP. That's 15 seconds continuous spray with your health boosted to full if you catch somebody with your lucky spray then start the process again.

13. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

I agree and disagree.

The ability to spray for 15 seconds is too forgiving for BLU, but instead of removing the health boost upon kill, i'd much rather just see the self-damage marked up a bit so they can only spray for, say, 10 seconds for examples sake.

This would discourage spraying and not affect the more able players, whereas your idea won't discourage spraying (they can still spend 50% of their time between CP repleneshes spraying) but will hinder the more able players who will only be able to get 2/3 kills (guestimate) before needing to trundle down to the CP or camp at a pills respawn.

14. I agree with this. I see entirely too much spamming because of how easy it is to be replenished. The damage amount for attacking should be increased.

15. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Agreed. One other way of doing it would be to give the pyros a 75HP boost on a kill, this would replenish their lost health from killing whilst hopefully discouraging spraying. Also on maps like cyberpunk its sometimes necessary to kill to get back to the CP safely.

Some thoughts on changes so far -
    -Spectator is bugged with the new non-balanced teams. Deli was spectating yesterday, but he stayed on the team (didn't spawn but was shown alive and also showed up as spectator too) making it impossible for our team to lose (as he was alive but un-killable).
    -The new LMB to lock makes it tricky to hang onto ledges/lights without having ninja timing (not being a ninja myself I fail) Maybe allow the LMB to be held like behaviour of the old RMB, but on release of the hold it locks.

Finally be cautious of allowing props to survive too much, the stats are already a tad inbalanced in the scouts favour...nobody likes to die, but thats kinda a necessity of this gamemode for people to not get disinterested as pyros.

16. PropHunt stats forum signatures, y/n?

17. Geit Coding wizard!

18. Sure, why not.

19. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

ohh shinkz oh course you would go for PH sigs

20. I prefer my current sig~

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am the one and only prophunt

2. prophunt i am the one and only