PropHunt Suggestions and Changes

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Geit, 28 Feb 2010.

1. Left click once = prop lock.
    You don't need to hold anything down.

EDIT: Son of a bitch beat me to it. Lulz~

2. Spykodemon Disabled account

Wat, I was playing today and I don't think it was doing it for me. Oh well, I don't ever play it anyway.

3. Is there anything we can do for the Flare Gun? I suggested +25 to base health on Flare Gun users. I've spoken to a few of the regulars and did a quick vote on a 24 person server most of which seem to think it'd be a good idea.

Just throwing out ideas to cut down the shotgun spam.

4. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Yeah great idea. Flare takes a ton of skill to actually hit a person, and even when you do it doesn't inflict as much damage as the shotty in the same amount of time.

5. Or remove the damage taken when firing entirely from flare gun?

6. That could work.

Actually... How about:
    -25 health for using the backburner.
    +25 health for using the flare gun.

Slows the M1ers critters and cuts down on the Shotgun spam.

7. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

^good idea right there

8. You can't give more health than the limit without it ticking down though. Well there's probably a property in there somewhere, but I cbb to find it.

9. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

But theres limited ammo anyway, and its so slow to reload, so its not like you can lose lots of health firing it...20HP tops.
    Looking at this another way - Would there be any way to reduce the amount of ammo per reload in the shotgun? It's currently 6 can it be set to 2 or 3? would stop people firing 6 shots at rapid succession (usually what finishes you off).

10. Yes, I'm pretty sure that can be done :)

11. Another way to also nerf the shotgun "if this is even possible" is take away the knockback effect it can give (not talking about the scatter here) You know the effect that while you are jumping and getting shot at it sometimes stops you in an midair jump of sends you hurling forwards all depending on what end you got shot from.

12. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Kukri does that too. It's alright. The shotgun isn't that over-powered. It is the only mid-long ranged weapon for the pyro. Flamethrower counts as short-range.

As I said, let props stuck to walls

13. MrMike This is my face when you talk

not overpowered if there is only one person yes
    but it is overpowered when you have 4+ pyros chasing you spamming the shit out of it
    and flamethrower can be insane as the range doesn't matter once you've been hit
    both need nerfing in my opinion
    backburner should go or be REALLY nerfed as when you're running away you are more than likely going to have your back to the pyro and if you're still in range, well you're basically dead. flamethrower seems fine but maybe make it do a little more damage to the pyros to stop them spamming the shit out of it.
    shotgun either could do more damage or make the clip smaller

14. So can you cut 25 health from backburner users and drop the clip size of the shotty to 2? It should only be used to finish people anyway, 6 shot x 3 people spam isn't needed anyway.

The Flare Gun needs to give some sort of advantage. Since it can't boost health then perhaps no health drain and +25 when it hits somebody?

Can the Huntsman be nerfed to deal a straight 50 on body shot?

15. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Headshot = I declare Haaax! *Plays haaax soundclip*

Body-Shot = Haha! You Miss! *Plays gameover soundclip*

Gets killed by shogun box = OMFG HAXORX! *Plays haaax soundclip*

its headshot or lose.

please let props stick to walls :D

16. If you inteend on resetting scores (and i don't really mind it tbh) any chance of making a slightly more complecated way of keeping track of it?

In other words you got Win/loss ration and a score counter (and maybe Kill/death ration)

It'll help keep a better track of "top" players instead of just people who'd spent a long time playing

EDIT: and taken into account we already got this win / loss counter put the ration in there aswell. Give it a kind of focus.

17. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Also give the flare more ammo...16 is too few on some maps (cyberpunk for example - I remember using all flare ammo trying to kill Johnny as he was being smug jumping up and down on the other side of the map).

18. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

Make it so if there is 1 prop left, every pyro and the remaining prop may only use a melee wep.
    or someshit iunno

19. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

What purpose would resetting the stats be serving? I know i'd be annoyed if they were.

-25 health for using Backburner and clip size of 2 for shotgun, I don't think they need nerfing any more than that, they aren't ridiculous.

20. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

BTW didn't Bulletproof suggest prophunt for TF2 and dark said "Thats a pretty fucking good idea", Where is his credit? :O

Naughty, Naughty...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)