Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Kromgol, 23 Jun 2008.

1. x

Last edited: 4 Aug 2020
  2. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

You're right,
    both shouldn't be there.

the pyro glitch is no problem at all, since everyone knows about it, and if you stand to close too the door, well, than learn something for the next time.

the demo can be quite annoying, and people who need these frags are really really poor. A kick would be adequate, but not mendatory.

3. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

Pyro = fine, dont stand there. Heat passes through fences.
    Demo/Soldier =! fine, nades/rockets too big.

4. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

It's an exploit, Pyro can set people on flames through the door but if they they kill the person standing there, well in my view that deserves a kick.

but giving a "@" warning through chat stops people from doing it, and if it doesn't you just put a 30 - 60 min ban on the offending pyro and people tend to listen.

If i see a demoman exploiting through the gate i will ban them for up to a week, but that's just me, i don't like players being killed before the round starts. ;)

5. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

you have to warn first then...

6. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

I think who is killed by the pyro exploit, deserves it :D

But the demoman exploit is not right. WHo uses it should be kicked.

7. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

Especially now, after the latest update you don't have to be stupid or even careless to die in the Pyro flames as they do 11 billion damage per second.
    I don't see any need for a poll, clarification or argument here, exploiting is not allowed.
    And lastly, the decision is for the admin in question to make, so asking for people's opinions won't help towards it becoming allowed.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    So if, let's say a Demoman, goes near the fence to get stickies in place before the round starts, all Pyros are allowed to kill him.
    Let's say a Pyro is shooting through the fence, and a Demoman comes and shoots a crit nade in the Pyros face through the fence, both of them die, and Demoman gets banned for exploiting.

Bottom line: Demoman should be allowed to kill people who are standing still!!

8. Geit Coding wizard!

Does that mean them or in particular or does the whole team count? - I just put in an "@" warning at the start of every few rounds then if someone does dtill does it, i make an example of them.

9. Geit Coding wizard!

If i have a Mini-gun and i could shoot you through walls would that make it an exploit?
    IMHO,
    The Gates are a wall and if you are shooting through them before the round starts that makes you as bad as any wallhacker.

10. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

If the Demo has to get that near to the fence to place stickies then it's his own fault. If you go that near to fence you know the risk. I was never killed by a pyro that way...

A demo can shoot the pipe far into the world. I've seen a demo at dustbowl that shot at me from the right exit while i was standing at the roof of the small house besides the left exit. That is a problem!

In my opinion, both shouldn't be possible, but the pyro exploit can't deal much damage (to the gameplay), whereas the demo exploit can.

11. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

Somewhat ironic, I was setting up on that same roof as an engineer one time. A demoman destroyed everything, killed me and said "your own fault" and defended himself saying "everyone knows this exploit".

12. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

But what is the reason that you will go near the fence? The flamethrower glitch is even realistic if you look at the demomans at the same time.

I really don't see any reason to go near the fence except if you want to get killed and burned by a pyro, there we got it, problem solved. Was it so hard?

13. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

Just stay away from the gate

14. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

I'm not impressed, not one bit.

In fact I'm more like amused of the naive bullshit.

15. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

fence is useful, many spies dont change disguise and you see what they are doing... Still, this will be fixed i think.
    btw: the pyro should be able to MELT the gate :lol:

16. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

You need to respect others opinions etc. we don't need to follow every word you say.

17. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

It's easy:
    1.) Pyro glitch can be tolerated => you dont have to stand right infront of the door :roll:
    2.) Demo glitch ********** => I warn the whole server and kick the glitch user :!:

18. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

That's weird coming from you. I do respect other people's opinions, but not random assface'.

I officially hate you now, so congrats and see you around.
    Foot in mouth and head up asshole.

19. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

So he said himself that he exploited, which means you can kick him when he does it again...
    or dont you punish a murderer who said "i killed person x" :D

20. Re: Pyro's flamethrower door glitch.

Edit: message arrived, no need for this post anymore.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. demoman glitch door

2. pyro gate glitch

3. pyro flamethrower gate

4. pyro flamethrower through gate