Razer Product support is shite (i.e. non existant)

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by Tonkamania, 11 Jun 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razer Product support is shite (i.e. non existant)

right i got a copperhead tempest blue which keeps connecting & disconnecting (its definately cable!)

mail support & quote the 2 year warranty to em

here are the emails back & forth

I can only say what a fucking shocking company - i wont touch em again & urge you guys to be careful when selecting your next purchase of a gaming product - DONT CHOOSE RAZER cos there shite

-------------------------------------------------

I have had a Razer Copperhead (blu for about 14 months and is now
    randomly disconnecting (it disconnects and immediately reconnects), do you
    have any ideas what i can do?

Is it faulty?

S/N FX0838000503444
    ---------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Please try the following:

1. Try plugging the device into a different USB port on the system. If the device is plugged into a USB port on the front of the system, try a USB port in the back.
    2. Disconnect all other USB devices.
    3. Remove any USB Hubs. Plug the device directly into a USB on the system.
    4. Try the product on another system, without using any drivers. Does the problem still occur?
    5. If the problem is occurring in an application, does the problem occur outside the application directly in the operating system?

Your customer number is 400475900
    Please refer to case #:: 401208666 if you have any further questions.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Already been there and have the latest drivers and firmware & still no difference.

This has only recently started.

I have tried the mouse on another PC and it still does exactly the same

can you please assist, it is most definately a hardware problem, not software or firmware

Thanking you in advance

----------------------------------------------------------

I have already tried steps 1-5 and have tried it on all 5 pcs at my house. It is the same on every pc

1. Try plugging the device into a different USB port on the system. If
    the device is plugged into a USB port on the front of the system, try a
    USB port in the back. STILL DOES THE SAME
    2. Disconnect all other USB devices. STILL DOES THE SAME
    Remove any USB Hubs. Plug the device directly into a USB on the system. STILL DOES THE SAME
    4. Try the product on another system, without using any drivers.
    Does the problem still occur? HAVE TRIED IT ON 5 DIFFERENT SYSTEMS
    5. If the problem is occurring in an
    application, does the problem occur outside the application directly in
    the operating system? YES IT DOES

--------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Please try exchanging the product with the retailer / distributor directly. Retailers have been informed they should handle the customer RMA/Exchange process. Shipping logistics are handled by the local distributors, so going to the retailer will be the quickest and easiest way to obtain an exchange.

Please refer to case #:: 401209503 if you have any further questions.

--------------------------------------------

Again already tried that, Here in the UK they only offer a warranty of 1 year, the remainder is with the manufacturer which is yourselves.

Hence the reason for contacting yourselves to resolve this issue.

I await your response

Martin

-------------------------------------------

Hello,

Martin, please fill out the following form and we will further assist you with a Return Authorization Number. (RMA) The unit must be within the warranty period from original date of purchase in order to be eligible for exchange.

Full Name:
    E-Mail Address:
    Address:
    City:
    State/Province:
    Postal (Zip) Code:
    Phone:
    Model/Color of Product: (including color of LED/Laser for mice):
    Serial No:(it does not start with RZ; that is the model number):
    Model No.:
    Place of Purchase:
    Date of Purchase:
    Proof of Purchase: (Please note a proof of purchase would be a scanned copy of a purchase receipt/invoice or your Razerzone order #)

Full Name: Martin Sneath
    E-Mail Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Address: xxxxxxxx
    City: xxxxxxxxxx
    State/Province: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Postal (Zip) Code:xxx xxx
    Phone: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Model/Color of Product:
    (including color of LED/Laser for mice):RAZER COPPERHEAD 2000 DPI, TEMPEST BLUE
    Serial No:(it does not start with RZ; that is the model number):FX0838000503444
    Model No.:RZ01-050100
    Place of Purchase: Internet Purchase
    Date of Purchase: 26 January 2009
    Proof of Purchase: Attached as a JPG

Thanking you in advance

----------------------------------------

Hello,

Razer does not have any authorized resellers on Ebay. Please see www.razerzone.com/resellers for a list of authorized Razer Resellers. This link is constantly being updated with new resellers, so if you have any questions as to whether or not a dealer is an authorized reseller please contact us at the following link Razer Support. Razer currently has no authorized resellers on E-bay or any other online auction sites.

Please note that products purchased from non authorized dealers are often used, counterfeit, re-boxed, defective or gray market goods. These units may also not be designed and packaged to work in your country and may not meet all legal and safety requirements. Thus Razer will not be able to honor warranty claims on items purchased from non authorized dealers. If you purchased product from an unauthorized dealer, all support and warranty issues should be directed to that dealer. Razer has these policies in place to protect both our valued customers and resellers.

Please refer to case #:: 401209767 if you have any further questions.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at Razer Blog | Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.. Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,
    Matt S. at Razer Technical Support
    support-uk@razersupport.com

---------------------------------------------------

Is that the stance that Razer is taking? I purchase a brand new product which was wrapped and cellophaned and was BRAND NEW!!! and you penalize me because i did purchase it from an authorised reseller?

This is my first Razer product and up until it went faulty i still had faith in your warranty which stated 2 years, but because i choose not to pay a vastly inflated price to a company you will not cover the warranty?

This is not a "used" "counterfeit" "reboxed" "defective" or "gray market" product. It was a BRAND NEW SEALED UNTOUCHED product. For you to state that the product that i have purchased is anything apart from brand new is nothing short of insulting.

In my employment i deal with property all the time and can tell counterfeit, second hand, reboxed etc from new. I have put many cases before the courts for such infringements!!!

If that is your final position then please advise me and i will inform our gaming community to no longer support or endorse your products should you be interested, but i guess you are not given the response and shocking waste of time and effort on my part.

I had better get my son to cancel his order with amazon.co.uk for the Lycosa Keyboard and Mamba Mouse if this is the level of customer support you offer.

He can stick to Logitech, at least they support the products they manufacture. Wherever they are purchased. They certainly put the customer 1st.

I await your comments and bid you good day

Martin Sneath

Further to my last email, I have identified the problem (and NO i have not opened up the unit!)

It is a simple problem, that being that the USB cable clearly has broken connections (at the point where it enters the mouse body) as when you move the cable, it breaks connection and disconnects.

As you are not offering to fix the problem, would it be possible to obtain a replacement cord from you?

I am more than competent to take out one screw and replace a cord.

This is all that i require no more, no less

I await your comments

Martin Sneath

-----------------------------------

ello,

We are sorry about the troubles you have had with your Razer product. However, we do not honor warranties on products purchased from unauthorized dealers or from E bay. (based on past experience Logitech does not either. It is very customary of a consumer electronics' company not to honor warranties from unauthorized resellers for the reasons given prior ). We also unfortunately do not sell internal replacement parts for the products we sell.

We do understand your current frustration and apologize for this. May we suggest you contact the reseller on E bay and see if they will assist you with a replacement.

------------------------------------------

As i have already stated SEVERAL EMAILS AGO Here in the UK retailers only offer a warranty of 1 year, the remainder is
    with the manufacturer which is yourselves.

I can certainly understand that you need to protect your position from unscrupulous sales of faulty items, grey goods, etc but at the end of the day i am a customer that purchased your product in good faith and am certainly impressed with your products. (hence the recommendation to my son to order the Lycosa Keyboard and Mamba Mouse, however, as i am paying for it for him and given the lack of quality customer support, I will not be endorsing or using your products again in the future.

With regard to Logitech, you are in fact mistaken, My son has already had his G9 replaced due to a fault, and they resolved the problem WITHOUT ISSUE!

Plus the USB cable is not an internal part (its just a simple plug into a connector!) and would solve the problem

All i am asking for is a simple understanding of my problem, it is a simple fix for a relatively low cost item to yourselves.

please help me restore my faith in your company, all i want is a satisfactory resolution to the problem

Regards

Martin Sneath

Please refer to case #:: 401210296 if you have any further questions.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at Razer Blog | Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.. Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,
    Lina S. at Razer Technical Support

-------------------------------------

Hello,

We are very sorry but we are not able to honor any warranty with purchases from EBay as it is not a authorized retailer. We are very sorry but we are not able to assist you on this issue.
    Thank you for your kind understanding. Should the purchased been made from our authorized retailer, we would have made the exchange for you with no questions asked. We are very sorry to inform you this. We hope you understand.

Please refer to case #:: 401212248 if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
    Kerwin T. at Razer Technical Support

---------------------------

Fine, I am guessing that this is your final stance on the matter.

Entire exchange between ourselves will be posted to advise others about your so called "support"

I will also advise ebay buyers that they should not purchase Razer product from Ebay as Razer have some misguided notion that the product they purchase will be counterfeit, grey or not country specific or some other ridiculous excuse that would enable them not to support the product they sell.

Plus I do not see Razer taking any action to stop your items being sold by non authorised sellers! How convenient.
    I would like to thank you as you have saved me nearly £200 of mistake in purchasing the Lycosa and Mamba for my son!

Finally could you provide me with an address where i may send this item as surely if you believe it may be counterfeit, you would surely want to inspect it? Or is that some other excuse for your company not to provide support.

I have done some research too, all other companies (Microsoft, Logitech, Mionix to name a few) would support their products wherever purchased.

Consider me extremely unhappy and have lost COMPLETE faith in your company and its so called "support"

Martin Sneath

2. I wouldn't touch Razer with a 10ft barge pole. When I was at NCsoft we got a load of their keyboards and mice in(there was some sort of Guild Wars/Razer crossover thing going on) aaand we all unanimously agreed that the stuff sucked massive balls. I'm not surprised they acted in this way, or that the stuff broke, I've never had much respect for them. Sorry to hear about this, it seems like a bit of a cop-out on their part not to honour warranties from ebay, when they're clearly happy for people to buy it from them and sell it wherever.

3. Gaw discord is my friend now

For your next mouse, get a CM Storm. Couldn't recommend it enough.

4. I still love my Sphex mouse mat D:

5. link me someone to a reasonable mouse with quality support pls!

6. Can't go wrong with a G5 v2 tbh

7. Gaw discord is my friend now

8. This is the one I use, the MX518- MX
    I've had no problems with it in the few years that I've had it, my brother has had his even longer. I would reccomend this pretty highly, not very expensive, reliable, and of course-pretty :P

9. Gaw discord is my friend now

CM Storm > All.

It has colours adjustable on the fly, likewise with dpi. Perfect for gaming.

10. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Oh wow...I feel your pain...took me 2 weeks and about as many emails to get them to RMA my Salmosa. They agreed in the end though. As for not honouring Ebay sales, they wouldn't be the only company to say so unfortunately :( but at the end of the day if a product is faulty it is Razer's fault, nobody elses, so it sucks.

Although their RMA instructions are a tad scary -

My email conversation -

(I knew this was pointless because the Salmosa doesn't have downloadable firmware.

(I was never ever going to risk updating BIOS just to troubleshoot a £15 mouse.)

At least I got an RMA, but it took a ridiculous amount of time to get to that point (I did actually have to fill in all the personal details twice as they ignored the first time I did it). They do seem to know their stuff, but they just tend to inconvenience you. I really hope they honour it or I will be mad.

Tonk, can you solder? its such an easy job just to replace the cable, you have nothing to lose, just rob the cable from a cheapo USB device and solder it onto the removable connector inside the mouse. You may as well try - nothing to lose. If not, can I have it :mmmhmm:

11. The thing that fucks me off is this bit "Please note that products purchased from non authorized dealers are often used, counterfeit, re-boxed, defective or gray market goods. These units may also not be designed and packaged to work in your country and may not meet all legal and safety requirements."

FFS you think after 25 years of gaming i would know the difference between counterfeit, used, grey or defective? IT WAS FUCKING SEALED BRAND NEW. I bought it from Ebay at almost half the retail cost! and because of this they wont support it.

I dont see em making any effort at all to stop sales from non approved sellers!

I wont use em again at all,

They have NO comprehension of the meaning of CUSTOMER SUPPORT

12. I was thinking about buying a razer mouse mat, but I wont now :)

anyway, get a logitech mouse, pretty good.

I'm using MX518. bought it from play.com(2 years ago) for £25 and won a brand new second one from ebay for £12(damn lucky) last year nov :D

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/142740

13. Spykodemon Disabled account

Lol you don't need support for a mouse mat so it doesn't matter, the mouse mats are good

14. still wont buy one :P

:dance:

15. Booya, nice choice John :D I got one of their mousemats for free, but I don't use it...

16. atm i got a Everglide Titan. :)

[​IMG]

huge great mouse mat, but it very dirty(nearly 2 years old too).

might buy another one :)

17. Micky Mick rolling since 07

Tonks one solution is to go to a shop near you & buy another. Keep the receipt then take it back the next day saying its not working & get a refund, returning your old defective one. Not very ethical I know but fuck them.

Micky

18. Hello All,

Razer cannot extend warranties on product purchased from unauthorized resellers and this includes e-bay resellers. This policy is in place to protect not only Razer customers, but Razer resellers and Razer itself. Purchasing from an authorized reseller is the only way to guarantee you are getting a new and genuine Razer Product. This policy is a common one among manufactures of consumer electronics for the very reason stated. It has nothing to do with not wanting to stand behind a product we made, we will gladly do that when an authorized sale is made. (When you are paying 50% off of retail for a current product anywhere, one suggestion is to look into the reseller and the product you are buying very carefully).

Generally resellers and Razer will also have policies in place to prevent doing such things as Mickey as suggested.

I do understand the frustration of not having a product work the way it should , we have all been there before. I apologize about any trouble anyone may have with a Razer product and our support team is always available to help should you need it. Just contact us at www.razersupport.com.

Thanks and I hope this makes our policy a bit more understandable to all.

Razer|Wave

19. Pong Lenis blaming goat since 2010

Thanks for that default text which we read already in the mails Tonka posted. Just posting that without actually saying anything else than this text module from default answers doesn't make razer's reputation better for me but much worse. For how much do you take us as fools when you just stated the same answer again?
    I can't understand that policy at all, even for a product purchased at ebay or elsewhere it should be possible to track it's production date with it's serial number. And if it is broken within 2 years of the production it needs a warranty to be replaced. Easy as that.
    How dumb do you think the people are when you ask them to do the same twice or even more often and things that are obvious not connected with the problem? Seriously, updating the BIOS because the mouse all of a sudden is not connecting any more ?

20. well someone read it, cos they mention what micky said :D

@wave, you lost 3 customers so far I know :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. razer product serial already registered

2. razer product number

3. razer uk phone number

4. razer case number,
  5. razer mamba replacement usb cable,
  6. razer support uk,
  7. Razer Product Serial already registered.,
  8. razer uk support number,
  9. razer mamba cable replacement,
  10. razer uk support