Reserved Slots (Not any more)

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Dark, 30 May 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reserved Slots (Not any more)

Why donate?

Donating to Gamingmasters' helps ensure our servers remain online. Hosting servers is a costly business which is why we're always looking for sponsors and donations. Any money you send will be appreciated. Remember - every penny helps!

If you would like to donate on a monthly basis, follow the Reserved slots option. This allows for a PayPal subscription to be set up to automatically donate an amount each month. You can cancel a subscription at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link.

All the money gained from reserved slots goes straight back into the clan, for keeping our servers up and expanding ourselves.

Connecting to your reserved slot:
    [​IMG]

Latest TF2 Game Menu

Method:
    - Download this file: TF2 GameMenu (Right click, Save)
    - Place the above in the following directory (based on default steam installation, adjust for your install path): C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\account\team fortress 2\tf\resource where account is your steam account/login name.
    -Use it when you want to connect your desired server!

If you have an existing GameMenu.res file, you may want to back it up, simply rename it GameMenu.res.old - however by default the file wont exist.

What do I get?

- Ability to get on when server is full (duh!)
    - Immunity from Class Restrictions (TF2 only)
    - Immunity from High Ping Kicker
    - You do not see in-game adverts

What happens when I join?

The player with the highest ping is selected and kicked from the server, Reserved slot holders can not be kicked for high ping.

Last edited: 27 Nov 2013
  2. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

Re: Reserved Slots

"per month" :>

3. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

From what i think how this will work -> Fail. Because: I IGNORE every server with reserved slots, because if a guy that connects to a server other guys that dont have a reserved slot are beeing kicked, so the guy that payed can join immediatly. This happens (of course) in situations, where you are havin big fun "Bäm. Kicked due to a connecting premium member" -> Fail !

4. Longbow Victorique <3

In my opinion people will get pissed off fast, depending on how many pay for the reserved slots of course.

5. Re: Reserved Slots

We plan to have it kick at random and ignore admins.

6. Re: Reserved Slots

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  7. Ray

This isn't going to work. Period.

8. Re: Reserved Slots

Hmmm I'm not too sure about how this will affect the popularity of our servers... I can see that it will generate cash flow for other things within GM, but the random kick could get quite annoying...

Let's see how it goes for now and if the benefits out weigh the downfalls then we should keep it -- if not it may have to be scrapped...

Savage

9. Re: Reserved Slots

An open and friendly community where you can be kicked at random for not paying £3 a month. Sounds about right.

10. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Ice burn.
    Reserved slots are not a good idea to honest.
    Unless it's a forced 1 open slot for adminstration.

11. Geit Coding wizard!

Updated first post with more information.

12. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

13. Knud Phat beats only

Please don't do it.
    If you lack funds, just let us know. I'm more than willing to contribute some money. (Already did once)

Edit: Just see the updated post, but I still don't support kicking people due to reserved slots.

14. Vendetta GM's better half

not a fan of reserved slots,
    but I don't think it'd fail, my two previous communities have reserved slots and there server are always full and they have 6 servers each.

if people pay, that's the server they'll wana play on.

15. Re: Reserved Slots

Well I'm not sure, GTFOgaming UK offer reserved slots at around the same price range. It could be interesting to see how this turns out though.

16. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

What apex said ^

17. Fromage "The Cheese"

+1. I'd rather help out without having to kick anyone cause I'm immune, i hate those systems :)

Erik

18. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

GTFOgaming is full of elitist douchebags who rant at whatever I do to them (which is funny in some cases :dance:).

Go with the flow and see what happens.

19. Re: Reserved Slots

Reag: GTFOgaming is full of elitist douchebags..

Lul thats me, and GTFO servers are awesome compared to GM.

20. Re: Reserved Slots

Its quite obvious that the only people that want reserved slots is the leaders, if you want to ignore the community and abandon them go ahead but it wont be long before the community abandons you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamingmasters.co.uk donate