Server Downtime log

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Spykodemon, 19 Dec 2009.

1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

I'm loving the 502 screen. :>

What has Bluepanther done to achieve enough fame to be allowed to be on our 502 page? : D

2. Put simply, goat ate the power cable again.

3. Twiz Dat real-life scout.

AHA, your power cable protective plastic bags are a lie!

4. Yes my power cable bags can protect cables from everything including nuclear weapons but goat still eats them. That's why the only way to get rid of goats poop is to make him eat it.

6. Unless I forget (fairly likely) the dedi will be down for a quick reboot to install a kernel update later tonight.

Some screenshots for uptime nostalgia purposes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Good luck with the update, boss. Do us proud
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  8. Also disregard that last message about a minor kernel update - going for a full fucking in-place upgrade from Fedora 12 to Fedora 14

If anything at all goes wrong, and going wrong includes a dialog box popping up requiring physical attention, we could be pretty fucked :P

Not long until I type shutdown -r and pray :ohdear:

9. Geit Coding wizard!

• Fixed Murmur not starting at startup
    • Fixed an error in the PHP config files preventing it from starting
    • Manually started PHP-fpm >.>

10. :ohdear:

11. No idea what happened, but the dedi seems to have been cleanly(?) rebooted no less than 6 times over a 2 hour period from 20:46 to 22:32 yesterday.

inb4 it was some prick trying out that php infinite loop bug >.>

Also the site was down until just now due to some half-finished work I was doing to our build of PHP.

Also I've missed 12 hours worth of email which will go undelivered now (oh the joys of running your own mail server) thanks to whatever faggot is responsible. Thank fuck HobbyLink Japan have their mail server configured to reattempt delivery

Update: Something is extremely fucked up, currently investigating

Update 2: I've finished restoring all the PHP extensions - if anything doesn't work please let me know.

12. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Would this be an appropriate moment to blame Goat?

13. Got to take some credit for that - we were trying to figure out what went wrong and we rebooted it a few times during our attempts to recompile PHP to get things working again. Sorry! :/

14. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

PHP:
    <?php
           $d 
    = :frogout:
    ?>
    Yeaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

2.2250738585072011 is a cool number bro.

15. Down for about 45 mins there after getting stuck on a BIOS warning after crashing from undervolting too far

Raised from 1.15v to 1.17v now (stock being 1.2v, but temps go much higher at stock)

16. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

How err... stable is this new dedi.

17. I think the culprit is the RAM overheating, since it's perpendicular to the flow of air due to a shitty motherboard layout, and was running slightly overclocked (nothing too much for decent Corsair ram normally, especially since it's 1600mhz ram @1333mhz)

Got the RAM voltage reduced from 1.64 to 1.5 and timings from 8-8-8-something to stock (9-9-9) and also stop on error disabled so it won't be offline for ages again. (Thanks Kash :D)

CPU vcore wasn't related to the crashing it seems as it still happened at 1.2v, so back on 1.17.

18. Interestingly the APC UPS powering another of KillerCreation's racks has just completely died. Considering those things are fucking invincible usually, perhaps it is somehow related to our crashes.

19. In other news, the minor packet loss we were getting earlier seems to have fully cleared up

20. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

All gods die eventually.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downtime log in php

2. sever downtime log maintenance

3. gamingmasters.co.uk killercreation

4. windows server downtime log,
  5. server down time log,
  6. replacing WS-X6724-SFP CARD,
  7. php downtime log,
  8. hobbylink japan server maintenance