SERVER RANT THREAD!!! (in capitals)

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by rofl., 27 Oct 2009.

1. SERVER RANT THREAD!!! (in capitals)

First of all I'd like to say it's nothing personal and GM Leaders are doing a great job trying to keep the community alive and kicking.
    However, I have to say that if the servers won't improve soon, all the work that has been done for the website, forums, shoutboxes and fuck knows what else will be absolutely pointless. GM is a great bunch of people (not only the clan, but all the regulars as well) and IMHO that's the only thing that keeps everything together. Servers are crashing 3 times a day at least. Lagging every now and than so much that people get kicked after timer run out. I have to admit that I find myself playing on other servers more often then ever. But more worrying fact is that I see more and more people from GM servers playing somewhere else as well, which than leads to a question "If I can play with the same lads I love playing with somewhere else why would I bother playing on laggy, crashing GM servers?"
    Don't get me wrong. I still luv GM. I am addicted and I have to say people on here are top notch. I just think it's sad seeing all this dieing because of the servers.
    To all the leaders please keep in mind it's TF2 community and clan so if the servers are shit (they are) no forum widgets gadgets and fancy features will keep people around. I honetly can't belive how much work you lot put into making website, forum and what-not while the servers need sorting out ASAP!. And I mean ASAP.

Any comments anyone?

2. Spykodemon Disabled account

Re: SERVER RANT THREAD!!! (in capitals)

Totally agree.

It's boring now, people who I have never heard of are joining and it's turning all noob. Server stability is going down the pot.

The only thing keeping GM alive now is the ever increasing popularity of PropHunt.

Inb4Besty"gtfothen"

March 08 - Oct 09.

Goodnight Sweet prince.

3. Geit Coding wizard!

I'll get them fixed today, expect some downtime later on, for all servers.

@Spyko - Maybe you should play on dustbowl or payload if you want to meet those people you've never heard of.

4. Spykodemon Disabled account

I never said I wanted to meet them.

I am just saying, people join and never post, or are horribly inactive. Or the latter in some cases.

There are better servers out there now apart from the GM ones, hence the reason I don't want, nor need to play on them any more.

5. Gaw discord is my friend now

Please do, the website crashes every day multipile times, presumably the same with the servers. It's getting on the fucking rage side now..

6. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

aye /\

7. Re: SERVER RANT THREAD!!! (in capitals)

The new server manager I'm writing should make a small difference - the old one uses 1-2% CPU continually, and I suspect the way it is using CPU (fucked loop) is causing lag to some extent.

8. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

I just dont get, why sometimes the whole server is laging down to shit allthough its "just" the Dustbowl server and 2 Prop Hunt servers that are filled with people (we had times a few weeks ago, where all server were filled with people, and still no lags/crashing), wtf has happened ?! Did you tried out some new plugins, or is it Valves fault again (update not working with some old plugins) ?!

It really IS annoying, and everyone on the server is complaining if we have to experience one out of multiple lag spikes a day or a random "freeze" that totally clears up the server for a few hours, im trying to motivate the people to stay with some little jokes about the server's stomach illness, but it doesnt really work, and we lose poeple because of it .... :/

9. Geit Coding wizard!

I blame KF's built in FMT for the lag spiking, anyway, I'm back now, will get it fixed.

10. Spykodemon Disabled account

It isn't really your responsibility if the servers are unsable. :)

Just forget about it, if the servers go down a lot and people don't like it, there isn't much you can do. I think the servers should suffer the consequences of this poor maintenance.

It seems that only now have the leaders have realised it's a problem.

and 1%-2% difference omfg.

11. Re: SERVER RANT THREAD!!! (in capitals)

The new server manager is nearly complete, and we've got a number of ideas as to what is causing the lag.

12. Geit Coding wizard!

One DSM is done, we're going to reboot the dedi and do the final tests, and with any luck the servers should remain lag free.

Unless this is caused by HLX:CE, in which case we may be switching to a different system.

13. Knud Phat beats only

(HLX is sometimes "slow"... could be the source?)
    Stats are nice, but lag-free servers are better!

14. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Remove stats.
    Trust me, it would be the best thing you've ever done.

15. Geit Coding wizard!

We know reag, the few hours when stats are off after resets are the times when the server performs at it's best. :P

16. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Just bloody remove it then, it causes more problems than it solves and all it is really is just another thing for people to brag about.

17. Re: SERVER RANT THREAD!!! (in capitals)

But it's also something that people like working towards/ for -- it allows them to justify spending so much time on our servers and gives them a reason to come back...

18. Gaw discord is my friend now

Agree with savage.

Maybe try switching to PsychoStats? Just give it a test, no harm :)

19. Re: SERVER RANT THREAD!!! (in capitals)

[​IMG]

Our new server manager :)

Similar interface to our old one (except the addition of uptime, players, fps etc.), but behind the scenes it manages processor affinity and shit to hopefully help with the lag :)

And it's much faster and nicer to use :D

20. Geit Coding wizard!

The CPU use is a lie... :>

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server rant