Slothbox suggestion - alerts

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Dan, 7 Jul 2013.

1. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

I know when I'm sitting with it open in another tab or if I'm just sitting on the home page, I'll say something and then go away and do something else. But someone will try to talk to me.

Could you implement like an alert, so someone could tag you in chat -

DanCousins - Dark has broken everything
    DanCousins - Where is Dark?
    DanCousins - @Darkimmortal

And then that would like alert you or something, I don't know. Maybe I'm thinking into this Slothbox too much. It would be cool.

I just thought it'd be good cause like earlier I said something and Kiethy tried to talk to me and by the time I realised he'd disappeared.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. If you get the popup it says at the top when theres a new message.

Also on the note of suggestions for slothbox, can we please get a better editing system. Its rather shite on touch devices.

3. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

I sometimes open the slothbox page in another tab so that I can see the name of the tab changing when a new message is sent.

4. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

5. does double tap work?

6. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Well yeah, but sometimes I'm fullscreen or just not paying attention. It'd just be useful if someone actually needed you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. I might squeeze this in before the 1.1.0 release, but it would probably be simple xenforo alerts and not anything too fancy

• Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. After some further thought i've decided not to add this, as it would require some kind of canonical/'permalink' way of reaching a specific shoutbox message, which is obviously impossible

9. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

noob reported :c

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)