So... Today I officially moved out!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vand2, 28 Jan 2015.

1. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

Why is everything expensive???

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  2. Welcome to the world of living on your own and yes it is expensive.

3. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

It'll get better.

Might take a few years, but it'll get better.

4. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Kind of looking forward to going to Uni, if I get the grades etc etc.

It's like a halfway point where you get your own space but don't have to pay for everything.

5. Trust me as soon as you get to Uni you will absolutely love having your own independence. The only annoying thing is you know it's temporary as you have loans/grants, and you know that eventually you'll be shelling out loooots of money. :V

Enjoy it while you can!

6. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

Denmark is one of the most expensive places to live mate

7. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'll bunk with you vandy c:

8. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

Keeping it warm for you, mate!

• Like Like x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  9. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

I cannot wait to get out of this house and off to uni. I can't remember how long I've been waiting now.

10. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

minimum £67

considering i pay 10-15% pension that's nothing

11. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Well, I'm just glad we don't have this whole moving out for university culture here. :P

But good for you! Enjoy it! :)

12. You should, it's good for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

What do you mean? You don't go to uni or you don't move cross-country for a uni?

As a side note I told my mum I got an offer from coventry the other day and she almost cried citing the unis I'd applied to and how they were so far away and closer to scotland than here. I didn't have the heart to tell her that was the idea.

14. As in he lives with his parents while being at uni.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

That, yes. And no, I don't see why I would give up so much free time (laundry, cleaning, cooking, and ever so on - parents do a lot) and spend so much money (that I don't even have, so it's completely and utterly unrealistic anyway) to live all on my own, without people around me or anything (that'd be quite lonely). :P

16. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

You're not going to live with your parents your whole life though, at some point you have to figure shit out for yourself.

I wouldn't say you're living alone, I'd say you're living with more people than before. You're constantly surrounded by other people you're sharing a house or a floor with.

17. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

NO I'm putting you in solitary confinement

18. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Obviously. :P
    Oh, right, yeah, that's not really a thing here. But indeed, if you're renting a student flat with others, you're not alone indeed.

19. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Are you telling me universities there don't have dorms? Like big buildings with rooms on every floor? Unless you decided to live at home, if you go to university you're going to be surrounded by other people.

20. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

They generally don't, indeed. As I said, the whole 'moving out with university' thingy isn't something that happens often here; practically everyone my age lives at home.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)