Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Core, 29 Apr 2008.

?

Shall we let spitfire back in the clan?

1. Yes - let's use his servers (but only make him a normal GM member)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No - he left us already, he might leave us again

100.0%
  1. Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

2. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

We could have 2 custom maps servers or something...

Or maybe 1 custom maps and 1 lag-free match server?

Anyway if its only minor servers we're hosting with him, he can't do anywhere near as much damage as before by leaving.

3. Bun

Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

Let him in, I thought he was a nice guy. ;P

4. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

I had a great time playing on those servers, but I didn't even know that it was owned by Spitfire, only knew two weeks ago :lol:

@dark- of cos he wont have control of the servers base on his previous experiences :P .

I say let him in.

5. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

even if terr will say something not very nice ;-)
    i think he isn't such a bad guy, at least he took the old server from GL ;-)

6. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

He was a nice bloke to me :) so as long as hes 1 of the norms, let him back in i say, but no admin powers on the 4 GM servers

7. Protantus Original Member

Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

I may have missed the whole picture, but from what I could see the guy let us host on the servers and helped set up the games for the clan. He then screwed us over. I can understand what he did, but I have read the threads and don't like the way he did it. It was discourteous. Anyway, I dont think we should rush for members, we have a good ethos, why dilute it?

I say no.

8. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

After what he did we can never let him be more than an ordinary member. And that's only if he gives us the 2 TF2 servers he promised us which we could use for private custom maps / match servers, leaving server #4 on our dedi free for proper maps.

If it wasn't for the extra servers, it would be a definite no from me.

9. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

i mean, what can you lose? ;)
    let him set up the 2 servers, and host match/vent/custom on them. If he fucks them up (which i am pretty sure he won't), we still have "our" server.

10. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

i think its a bad idea. im agreeing with protanus. isnt 4 servers already enough to manage i mean, how many do we need? personally i dont think we need the aggrivation and negitivity he brings with him, the clan is happier than ever right now. why ruin a good thing?

11. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

OK, you've got me persuaded. I now say no to spitfire.

12. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

Here's my point of view:
    1) spitfire left the communitiy => he removed the server (he did that in hope of destroying our communitiy)
    2) we got donators and new servers => spit recognized it (he saw that he couldnt destroy our clan, he was alone, had no one, he wanted to come back)
    3) he offered servers => we have already 4 servers! + 2 servers are 6 servers! (it's hard enough to manage and fill three of them; even UKCS has problems to fill the 3rd server!
    and our donators will ask themselfes: "why do we spend money although we can have free servers?" no one will donate anymore!) (BTW: thanks to the donators!!)
    4) no more donations => we dont need a dedi when we can get free servers (we get dependent on spit "again"; and what happens if spitfire leaves us again?! we will stay here with no servers!)
    5) staying with no servers again = people will leave

Finally, i have no problem with spitfire joining this community again! But we dont need his servers and he's also allowed to donate to show that he's serious (he dont have to, just an idea). Maybe we can trust him, maybe not. the child that burned itself doesnt run into the fire! be careful what to do! Later we can take his servers! But not at the beginning!

13. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

@Acid Absinth I agreed with your point of view. :)

14. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

i think that everybody makes mistakes and i think he is a nice guy
    just let him into the clan, we dont have to use the server, we already have one

15. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

He let me have remote desktop on his dedicated server :o

[GM] CORE @ KRITZKRIEG: So can I use your dedi for gm servers?
    [GM] CORE @ KRITZKRIEG: If you don't mind?
    Spitfire: Yea

16. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

Well I voted No,

He already just left us high and dry and now GM is actually kicking off to be really successful he wants to join us? Now he's probably going to screw GL over if he's still in it and leave them high and dry. Regardless if he is offering 2 servers.

I might say yes if he admits to being a complete asshole and he made a huge mistake.

17. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

Well after his behaviour tonight...I will say no, I don't want him in the clan.

I setup about 4 tf2 servers on his dedicated server. Some GM members used 1 server for the achievements map.

He said he's going to delete the servers if no one listens to him on the map. Basically it was a "help spitfire with his achievements or he will delete the servers".

18. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

Bye bye Spitfire :arrow:

19. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

I can confirm, he closed the TF2 servers I setup yesterday and he started one for his own medic achievement server :o

20. Re: Spitfire wants to come back to GM!

Everybody deserves a second chance, three strikes and your out.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)