Spyper creepin' aroun' here!

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by BeauChaotica, 8 Jun 2009.

1. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Spyper creepin' aroun' here!

Playing arena today there were a few people who spent hours playing spy. But not the spy we know and hate..no it's another one I'm also growing to hate. The Spyper.

Disguise kit? Check.
    Stylish suit? Check.
    Spare cigs? Check.
    Ambassador? Check, and double-check.
    Knife? meh.
    Sapper? meh.

They often disguise (as something like a scout, being as obvious a spy as an obvious spy can be) then just creep up to you, crouched, and BOOM that clunky bangy noise has just ejected your brain.

One situation which really caught my attention was when an engy was set up with an sg2 in the corner of the sawmill CP room. He was faced by a Spyper, but seemed blissfully unaware.
    However, the Spyper was at a loss. "Can I..shoot the sentry? Hm. Risky. Then I'll be revealed! What if I shoot the engy? Hey that might work! Then I can work around the sentry, perhaps? No I know. I'll just run at him."

Spyper killed by sentry. Engy being the last remaining team member wins the round.

Any spy worth his mask knows how to use that spectacular "Sapper" device to his advantage. Not this one.

[/wall of text]
    tl;dr: Silly Spyper. Headshotting is for snipers!

So I put the question to you, my beloved unknown: What ponderest thou of the new breed of spy?

2. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Re: Spyper creepin' aroun' here!

Amb, sapper, knife, original watch and pyro disguise make a nice combo.

Any anyone in their right mind would know, sap the damn aimboting sentrygun first, then rape the engi with that critting cannon.

3. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Just stab the engi first than sap

4. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Sap = disabled sg until its taken off, so sap then stab :)

5. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

6. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

stab + zap is possible, depends on player skill and position of engy + sg

7. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

What i do is sap and use cloak & dagger if the engie cant be seen, then when he comes running un-cloak and stab :) but usally someone else see's this so ive gotta run ^^

8. Re: Spyper creepin' aroun' here!

My main tactic for killing engies is to first stab him and THEN sap his stuff. The other way around is actually a lot harder.

9. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

hmm, its debatable... xD

10. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Well that's all good but the main question was what do you think of the new Amb tactics/spy players :P

I'm still debating with myself as to whether it's overpowered or not..

11. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

12. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Hurr hurrr lets disagree because we can, we all know the sentrygun has little to no spread, no damage curve and instantly aims at you when it detects you.

Plus saying it it uses a aimbot is just a term due to the above factors.

13. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

wells it is programmed with good aim, so kinda its true, but a Crit sentry gun, when did they invent that. it wasnt in the game before spy update.
    and sniping with Amb, still i cant do it.
    at most 1 crit shot to the head, but thats all :).

14. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Critting cannon is the ambassador...

15. Re: Spyper creepin' aroun' here!

If you can headshot 2/6 or more with it then it's crazy powerful and is gonna make the spy even more useful for attacking final points on 5 CP maps. Not sure it's overpowered yet, unlike jarate ;p

16. Re: Spyper creepin' aroun' here!

I thought that it was just an sentry gun hitting a player that had already been jarate-ed, do they actually crit by themselves now? :S That seems a little bit overpowered - half the thing that made them workable was that they didn't crit, and so we didn't end up with the "butt-raped by a level 1 that happened to roll the luck dice" situation.

17. Re: Spyper creepin' aroun' here!

U could make the same argument with every weapon in the game rocketdog. LUCK DICE CANCER RANDOM CRITS

18. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

i like calling people noob when they crit kill me, i really should stop do that.

19. Re: Spyper creepin' aroun' here!

Mmm, true, but those were present from the get-go, and are a fundamental part of the intended gameplay. The sentry guns are something nobody really expects to suddenly start critting. I'm fine with random crits from weapons, but not so much a fan of sg's being suddenly magically able to do so.

20. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Sentry guns only crit on piss'd players.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spyper