Star wars MMO

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bulletproof, 16 Sep 2009.

1. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Re: Star wars MMO

In other news, NCsoft is being sued by a money making patent whore.

2. Re: Star wars MMO

Yeah I lol'd over that

3. Re: Star wars MMO

You do realise that isn't the game!
    Yeah this has the making of being an awesome game but will have to wait and see.

4. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

that trailer, shows noting of the game, it cool, but what the hell is the use?

5. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

My problem with MMOs is the following thing:

I like RPGs, because i love the storytelling and i wanna enjoy the story with my speed, on my very own, i dont wanna have ~20 kids/geezers arround me "lets go rushin for sum epic l00t, lulz .... " >_> I prefer the NPCs instead of RL(?)-Raid-people :P

This is no fun for me, just stupidly fucking up hordes of enemies and picking up tons of stuff "only" because i/my group wants more of it. I play RPG because of the story, scenario, characters ...... MMOs are nothing but shit in these categories, because at some point you are beeing forced in normal case to play with other -> no more enjoying because they just wanna finish the job as fast as possible.

I am the type of RPG-player, that likes to read EVERY part of the conversations in Mass Effect AND reads all the ingame enzyclopia because he likes the universe .... of course i like Hack&Slay like Diablo, but beeing permanetly forced to rush through with others is stupid behaviour for me :/

6. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

@ Oba, lol i never read the chat scenes :< I just look at the quest guide and it tells me where to go or if i get stuck follow a guide...

7. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Double-ma-post .... Look down there ^^

8. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

It seems like you arent the typical old school RPG-player like i am ^^

Baldurs Gate ...... Das Schwarze Auge (The Black Eye) ........... damn, good old times ......

These days, the name "RPG" just covers "l00ting and r4id1ng tonights, lulz" for casual role playing guys, like you said: "Fuck the story behind a quest, lets just go, beat them up and get new stuff for it ...." really good RPGs have storys behind each character that gives you a quest, if he/she wouldnt be in trouble because of something, you wouldnt have a quest, for me its an essential part of a role play game, thats why i hate WoW and all the other Mass-hack&slay-garbage .....

One of the reasons, why i am really looking forward to Risen and Mass Effect 2, these 2 games will be the next 2 with some good story and character (-design) ... ME2 has a bit too much action in it, but thats OK, at least the devlopers are puting enough efford in the universe, story, and the characters.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)