Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by Zetsumei, 28 Nov 2011.

1. Zetsumei Spaceman

Not sure if you guys follow MMOs much, but this one is fun I've been playing it this weekend in the "beta" its pretty stable and well polished and good content too. I think this has potential not to turn into a Pay to win game which would be nice and to have some additions in the MMO market.

Big fan of Star Wars I played SWG Pre-CU then it was destroyed but i will be getting this one anyone else interested in the game?

Zetsu

2. Knud Phat beats only

Also played the Beta this weekend and enjoyed it very much :)
    Will definitely get the game. (Still need to order it)

3. Amazing how long they postponed the inevitable.

4. Zetsumei Spaceman

haha mmo f2p = failed

5. inb4 they make the f2p restrictions so shitty nobody plays it even though its free

6. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Is it anything like KOTOR 1 and 2?

7. no idea, but after playing the free trial I'd say it was a single player game online with some generic mmo elements thrown in for shits and giggles, totally worth a download when it goes f2p though.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Classes like the Jedi Knight have stories that are maybe quite comparable. In general though the game is far more shallow than the KOTOR games. Choices/Dialogue/Companions are very watered down no doubt because they have like 8 different stories to do.

Playing the Trooper, my story eventually became "do this, do that" and my responses were like "Yes Sir/Fuck you sir, i'll go do it"

Edit: I will say though that having an MMO punctuated with Mass effect style story moments is pretty cool. Being a sith is certainly the most fun as some of the choices were outright cruel and hilarious, even if a little obvious and repetitive (must've tortured someone just because i could a couple dozen times).

Playing with a few friends would most likely make it much more enjoyable, considering a group can join in on conversations together.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Sylar ~SWTOR Guru~

Awesome review, and I 100% agree. I've been playing since day 1, and only in the past few days has my playing experience begun to get better. I started grouping up with a supportive guild that allowed me to really maximize my playing experience. I was geared up and actually had fun doing raids and whatnot. It's actually pretty awesome to run into a raid with a 16-man group and be the off-tank :3
    As for the story, I like it. I admit, the sith probably have the best storyline, however they did a good job making all the storylines bearable; and tbh I've barely played my storyline on my trooper due to PVP. Trying to postpone it as long as I can :P

10. I reinstalled it, cos you can still play to lvl 20 atm for free, trying to make 1 of every character cos i think theyll restrict classes when f2p =p

also it's EA so expect p2w.

11. Sylar ~SWTOR Guru~

How do you win an MMO? Never understood that. :confused:
    Glad to hear you've rejoined the herd(so to speak)! I am planning on staying subscribing(hoping I don't have to deal with that p2w bullshit), so no worries about character slots for me :)

12. I was never in the herd lol i just played it when the trial came out lol.

p2w just means you can buy power, so like, pay for an item or class to give you an advantage in PvP or something.

tbh if its going f2p, wait till then man, no need to pay for something thats free or gunna be, just needs a bit o patience!

13. Arrk "a rebel just for kicks"

I started playing it a few days ago, got to lvl 13 with a Sith Warrior then deleted it and remade a Sith Mage just because I could, and got that to level 14, planning on finishing the trial today and making either a Jedi Knight or a Jedi Mage to try that, and waiting for the game to go F2P.

14. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Anyone know how big the download is?

15. Arrk "a rebel just for kicks"

The launcher is really small but the game took me ~4 hours at ~2bm/s

16. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Probably take me a whole day at 200-500kb/s.

fun.

17. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

I've started the download for the trial. This may take some time...

18. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

lyk dis if u cry evry tiem,,

download.png

19. Sylar ~SWTOR Guru~

It's quite massive, I believe it ends up coming out to about 25gb? Never checked it. Took me nearly a day on 700 kb speed, paused it thrice.
    Ah well.

I see your point, the expression is quite stupid in my opinion, though. P2W is a possibility for sure

I will be staying subscribing because I actually like being able to play the game to its fullest, will be fun to laugh at the f2p'ers when I have boatloads of stuff :3

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)