Starbound General Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound' started by Gaw, 20 Jul 2013.

1. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

They've not spoiled it per say the devs just haven't fixed it at all nor any major updates

2. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

If you want to keep up to date, I would suggest reading the blog at http://playstarbound.com/ and switching over to nightly builds occasionally:

Combat has been reworked, terrain generation has been reworked, I can't really remember what else, but basically, a lot of stuff has changed between the current release and the actual development; here's a summary http://starbounder.org/Version_History/Nightly.

3. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

Last edited: 12 Dec 2014
  4. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

And thaaat's the time when you want to play this game again:

Cya on servers guys

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

when
    when is this update is getting to us

6. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

~January-February I guess.

7. [​IMG]

mfw

8. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

I don't think they can call it the winter update anymore, by the time it becomes a stable build it will be Spring

9. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

Stable update is out!

10. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  11. Holy shit

Will get the server updated and admin system set up/explained ASAP

Edit: Still waiting on the update to actually be released on steam

Last edited: 28 Jan 2015
  12. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Explain pls.

Non-server owner pleb here.

Do not understand significance.

13. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

um unsure if my game file is bugged but

14. Currently trying to diagnose the server crashing every couple of minutes, 10/10 update

15. OK the servers are now working 100%

Interestingly we're the first to have discovered the runQueryServer option, so none of the other top servers have a working player count :V

16. Adjusted the wiping so that it wipes only the spawn planet, and does so every 3 hours

17. HairymanBreast honey roast peanut

The public server not available anymore orrr? It's not listed on the homepage so idk if it's down for maintenance or what.

Did look around to try to find out before asking but found no clues

18. It periodically disappears from the home page servers widget when it crashes

19. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

best form of transport: rocket boots + boat
    [​IMG]

20. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

If there's one thing I REALLY dislike with the tech/energy changes, it's that melee armour has barely any energy capacity, meaning you can barely use your techs in comparison to other armour. Because of this, I switch out to mage gear just to go exploring. I feel that techs should run off of a separate energy supply to guns/staves. For example, a 'heat' bar that goes up when using techs. Once filled, your techs are disabled while it cools down. All armour of the same tier would have the same heat capacity.

I also can't believe that the weapon system still hasn't been fixed, two weapons with the same DPS, the slower attacking (and higher damage per hit weapon) is significantly stronger due to the flat damage reduction on armour. This means you can casually walk towards npcs with machinegun type weapons as their bullets harmlessly bounce off your armour, only to get wrecked once they switch to their hammer. Fortunately, only npcs appear to have armour now, so high attack speed weapons are at least usable against monsters.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. starbound worldsize