[TF2] Stats Resets

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Geit, 19 Feb 2009.

?

Reset stats/Frequency

1. Yes, Yearly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, Bi-Yearly

31.8%
  3. Yes, Quarterly

4.5%
  4. Yes, Monthly

54.5%
  5. Yes, Weekly

9.1%
  6. No, Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Geit Coding wizard!

[TF2] Stats Resets

This thread is to discuss and vote about whether and when stats should be reset. Resets will be partial, you can find a definition of this at the bottom of the post.
    Please think carefully about the effects this would have before making a rash vote. If you have any questions PM me or post here, we will try to answer them

2. Re: [TF2] Stats Resets

I remember the last time they were reset. I was rather upset and felt as though what I had worked towards had gone. I've voted "never", but if I were to choose another option I suppose a yearly reset wouldn't be too bad as long as I keep my awards ^^

Savage

3. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: [TF2] Stats Resets

I would just like to point out that resetting allows you to improve on your K/D ratio, it's rather hard to make your K/D ratio move if the stats are never reset.

Resetting also allows new players to remain motivated to be on the top, if a player need 60000+ points to get to the top 10 (example) then he will be de-moralised, whereas if it's a smaller gap, he will continue trying to get to the top.

4. Ash

Does this reset global awards as well like I have 2657 rocket kills for example will that reset?

5. Geit Coding wizard!

I'm honestly not sure, it probably would as it clears the event tables.

6. Ash

Changed my vote from no never to yes quartely now ive thought about it..

7. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, if yu reset them too fast, stats would have no meaning .... every 3 months would be the shortest ammount of time imo.

I voted for yearly (half a year would be perfect btw =) )

A hall of fame would be nice btw, where at least the points of "a season" are listed forever.

8. Geit Coding wizard!

Added Bi-yearly (Which reset the poll :|[Sorry]).

9. Re: [TF2] Stats Resets

I've re-done my vote as the bi-annual one. Having thought about it, this would allow the top ten to keep pushing for something after they've/ we've gotten there/ here, if that makes any sense :? ;)

10. IAmNomad Ex-Leader

To me, the world of computer gaming moves fast. Twice as fast as normal. Biennially is every 6 months, and in the TF2 world, that's like, forever. That would feel like a year. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? I mean, new games come out all the time and pull people's attention elsewhere. Besides that, most gamers are kind of fickle. Look at just this clan -- not even a year old, but look how much it has changed. It's like it has been around 20 years.
    That said, I would think quarterly would be the absolute LONGEST period of time possible for resetting. That's what I chose and that's why.

11. Ash

Pretty much same reason i chose quarterly.. 6 months is a very long time.

12. Re: [TF2] Stats Resets

Now my one month ban feels even worse :cry:

13. Geit Coding wizard!

*6 months is a very long time, in which I will forget that I/We need to reset stats :P

14. Re: [TF2] Stats Resets

I voted yearly, that's the best case for me and most players.

15. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Yearly cuz you can build up some points... Or for a new, another option: why don't go to 75 000 or 100 000 points? First one to reach that limit is the "winner" and gets in the hall of fame. Then reset the stats would be a good idea for me.

16. Re: [TF2] Stats Resets

Robbie Bob, good idea :P :mrgreen:

17. Th-

I like this. A competition to certain amount of points and a reset, and winner of each competition gets mention on his/her stats page. It only has to be a sensible limit, for there to be just enough challenge for the best and enough time for the others to improve their stats before getting them reset again.

18. Geit Coding wizard!

This is plausible, but, it would be easier if we had set times (Quarterly - unless the majority changes their vote) rather than gearing up for a reset the moment someone hits x points.(Which could take a further week.)

The next question is, what information do we keep on that player? Do we give them a global award(Or similar reward) on their stats page? do we preserve their points/kills/deaths etc and put them in a "Hall of fame page"? Etc etc.

A fiscal quarter should be more than enough time to get the stats up to a respectable level, we've hardly had the stats system for 3 months and people are already reaching 70000 points

Edit:

Also, do we keep the top 10 or only the top player? etc etc

19. Knud Phat beats only

I'm fine with the suggestions above, but I'd like to add something.
    I'm one of the players that don't have all the time in the world to play TF2, so I'm very, very happy with my current ranking (Because I believe, that the more time you will play, the higher you probably get; and if you have skills of course). Maybe after the reset, it can be mentioned which rank he/she got the last time?
    In that way, you can always see how he/she did before.

Or maybe make a top xx ranking based on "average points per minute Ratio". (Not sure if HLstats supports this?)
    (K/D makes more sense, but not good for medics, engies and persons who do a lot of assist killing)

20. Th-

Its your ball Geit, run with it. Just make a well informed decision and think all aspects, then post your idea and we will approve it or suggest improvements.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tf2 partcial reset stats

2. tf2 reset stats what does it do you

3. gaming masters tf2 player stats

4. tf2 stats keep resetting,
  5. tf2 stat resets after i play tf2,
  6. tf2 why would you reset stats,
  7. guide to kd in tf2,
  8. tf2 reset k/d