The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

Discussion in 'Events' started by Th-, 12 Mar 2009.

1. Th-

The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

I want to give you guys a heads up on the 16v16 match against the Hampshire Heavies. Apparently there are not many public community members joining and we could really use some people sign up from the Private Community, so if you can make it, let me know. It would make organizing and preparing a lot easier. The match will be mon/tue/wed or thu, after 1900 gmt.

So this is how we will do the match. Its 32 players in the same map, in this case pl_badwater and cp_badlands, which means there will be lag and awful amount of spam even with demoman, engineer and heavy limited to 2. Also the unpredictability will restrict some maneuvers we might want to try, since if advanced maneuvering is sometimes hard in 6v6 its gonna be a lot worse here.

Our system is dividing 16 players into squads with specific classes. Each squad has its own function in the fight, and each squad will have their own comm channel in Mohawk if Dark gets it sorted out, otherwise in Ventrilo. This will clear the comm channel sufficiently so the squads can actually work together without excessive micspam going on. Each squad will have an experienced squadleader to direct the movements etc. Squadleaders will be in the same channel in the Mumble at the same time, in order for us to coordinate team-wide maneuvers.

What this system basically means to you is that just concentrate on staying with your squad and having some fun, thats all. In case you want to know more detail, read below. It might seem very serious and detailed but really, its pretty basic stuff. Emphasis is on teamwork and having some good time.

- you can work together with your squad more efficiently than ever
    - you will be staying with your squad 95 % of the time
    - the squadleader will tell when to push/hold/retreat etc
    - your responsibility is mostly in a certain area of the map
    - there will always be a medic and friends close to help you out
    - you don't need to do anything alone (excluding the spy ofc)

For squadleaders...

- 2 VOIP softwares running, the other for the squad and the other as the leaders' channel
    - understand the concepts of defensive lines, forward defense and how the classes work best
    - move with squad on captain's command
    - uncalled teamwork with other squads as you see fit
    - this being said, use your own judgement

The following division has been thought out carefully but if you have any thoughts or suggestions, I'll be glad to hear them:

Captains: Th, Pissmidget

"SOLLY SQUAD"
    solly
    solly
    solly
    medic - kk

"HEAVY SQUAD"
    heavy
    heavy
    demo
    medic

"BACKUP"
    pyro - flaregun
    demo
    medic

"SUPPORT"
    engy
    engy
    sniper
    sniper
    spy

Currently we have 11-14 players who have announced they can play on the mentioned dates, I'll get back to squad/class specific details when we have the lineup more solid. Meanwhile, recap this.

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  2. LienK Wat

Re: The 16v16

Squad thing sounds cool. I'll play as long as it's not on Wednesday. Preferably Soldier.

3. Re: The 16v16

You know I'll play if I'm free :)
    Heavy>Demo>Pyro>Soldier>Medic...

4. Th-

I do...

These are the players who have confirmed the dates so far:

// availability after 1900 gmt
    MONDAY - 15
    benito
    pissmidget
    th
    apex
    overdrive
    darki
    anathema
    ash
    wooo
    obaruler
    lienk
    fastjohn - monday best, informs about the rest later
    disco - if cancels gym
    sandy - if reschedules gym
    temenus - 83 % probability

TUESDAY - 15
    benito
    pissmidget
    th
    apex
    overdrive
    darki
    anathema
    ash
    disco
    obaruler
    lienk
    bun
    savage - likely only tuesday but will inform soon

WEDNESDAY - 14
    benito
    pissmidget
    th
    apex
    overdrive
    darki
    anathema
    ash
    obaruler
    wooo
    sandy
    bun

THURSDAY - 14

benito
    pissmidget
    th
    apex
    overdrive
    darki
    anathema
    ash
    obaruler
    wooo
    lienk
    bun

The priority will be on those who confirm first, for instance Temenus and Lienk have signed up pretty late so if others can confirm, you guys will be on the reserve.

Also the soldier class is pretty stacked for this event, and I plan to play those with most experience. I recommend the others to warm up pyro, demo and engineer, whichever is your strongest support class.

From the lineups you can see why I'm pretty excited about the match...

5. LienK Wat

And how many people are you awaiting confirmation for?
    Experience as in match experience? Because I'm pretty good as Soldier (Not as good as many others in the clan though), but I haven't got a lot of match experience.

6. Th-

Edit: In the soldiers' case I was referring to match experience... but we don't need to gather the best of the clan for the rest of the team although looks like we are pretty close to it anyway =) I am waiting confirmation from 2 community members, but even then we need a capable reserve.

Remember how I said organizing a 9v9 was hard as hell?

7. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

Hey if you still need people, I can play all of those days.
    heavy/soldier/allrounder

8. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Nope I'm out... (if I even were in :lol: )

9. Re: The 16v16

No word back from Justin about Mohawk channels yet - the KC game panel seems to lack the functionality to do anything other than restart the server and change the MOTD.

EDIT: Fuck yeah, I got logged in as the sysadmin - channels coming up :)

Looks like Mohawk will finally be the main mode of communications :D

EDIT 2: Channels etc. done :)

10. Th-

Nice, good job Dark!

You can remove the "squad leaders' channel though, we will be using mumble or vent.

11. Re: The 16v16

Done :)

12. Th-

Need more reserves... Especially those who play sniper/engineer/demo/pyro (with airblast) well with/as their main class.

13. Re: The 16v16

Sorry i am playing as a merc/sub all weekend i think.

14. Th-

Looks like this event might be postponed a few days / a week because of the ongoing HH cup. There is no definite answer yet though, I'll keep you updated.

15. Re: The 16v16

Right I'm doing day shifts on Tuesday and Wednesday so I can play both of these nights!

Demo if possible, but if not then I'm avalable for just about anything (just not heavy please!!)

Savage

16. Re: The 16v16

Anime Beach Volleyball has helped me a lot with that :D

The ball has roughly equivalent physics to a large sticky mine/pipe bomb ;)

17. Th-

Attending members and Squad Leaders

"SOLLY SQUAD"
    solly - Anathema
    solly - Lienk
    solly - Ash
    medic - kk - Pissmidget

"HEAVY SQUAD"
    heavy - Th
    heavy - Disco
    demo - Savage
    medic - Temenus

"BACKUP"
    pyro - Sandy
    demo - Benito
    medic - Obaruler

"SUPPORT"
    engy - Apex
    engy - Fastjohn- senior engineer
    sniper/spy - Bun - senior sniper
    sniper/pyro/scout - Dark
    spy/scout - Overdrive

Reserve:
    - 1st: Wooo
    - 2nd: Vacoy
    - 3rd: Bennett

Looks like I got confirmation for the date, which is next Tuesday the 18th of March. The lineup is gathered based on the availability of each community member. Class changes are well possible, so give me your thoughts about this. Classes were chosen for everyone based on individual strengths and wishes.

Fastjohn / Lienk, you could switch classes if you want, though I'd prefer that each soldier has a mic so dig them up
    Sandy / Benito, take turns with demo/pyro as you please, since you are in the same squad after all

All in all, pretty strong team.

18. Re: The 16v16

I would suggest you consider keeping the tactics simple and merge the back up team with the two main teams. Move the pyro with the auxiliary force (sollys) for short range support and merge the medic and demo with the heavy group so you strengthen the primary frontline force. The medics are then in close proximity to heal/cover for each other if needs be.

Good old hammer and anvil tactics ftw :)

19. Th-

Most of the time there are 3 avenues of attack, so in the maps we play I really think we need 3 squads. Your idea is still very good, and in practice we intend to have squads working together. When "solly" and "heavy" squads fight their way in position and I / Pissmidget will call the push, "backup" will be holding the last avenue and quickly joining in the fight with one of the main squads.

Meanwhile Sandy should keep a keen ear on the leader channel to decide by himself would he want to divide his squad to assist both sides the same time. In reference to your metaphor, Disco, one of the main squads will usually be the anvil while other squad + backup will work as the hammer =P.

Can't forget the support either, which will snipe as Bun sees fit though always on the main avenue with at least 1 sniper, and the engineers who will get the forward guns up in 2,5 seconds (on level 2 in under 10 seconds) with cover from others. 2 engineers together are a notable force in the fight even without a gun. Speaking of which, you really need a mic as the senior engineer Fastjohn. How is it coming?

20. Th-

Re: The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

BUMP

Got confirmation for the date and time

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)