The Awesome, Unfinished, Quick, Dirty, Messy Mac OS 9 Transformation Pack For XP

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zana, 5 Jan 2010.

1. Zana The Candy Bun

The Awesome, Unfinished, Quick, Dirty, Messy Mac OS 9 Transformation Pack For XP

This thread name is very, very original...

I made this because i tough it would be better to post the progress here

Anyway, Let's get started...

I am proud to present you the first "picking-stuff-from-everywhere-scattered-arround-for-my-old-hd-and-some-ancient-internet-pages" pack that you should DIY to get a acceptable result...

I am releasing this filepack including some software and resources i found, also, i found ports of 90 icons of Mac OS 9 (Plus 1 mine, the 93th icon) and the "Classic8/9" Shell made by someone at 2002

I do not own anything on this pack, and you should (must) do it yourself if you wanna have it well...

Have Fun With ResHack and Shel32.dll!

This pack contains:
    -90 Original (up to 32x32 px) Mac OS 9 Icons (48x48 are shitty-ports) 2 XP leftovers and a "Javier" Branded MacOS9-ish Download folder
    -Shell Styles for Mac OS 9/8 (i recommend use 9 to skin finderbar, then 8 for everyday use)
    -I would believe a collection of 5 wallpapers inspired by the default 8.0 OS
    -Finderbar:Creates that "OmniMenu" feeling... "Finder"(WinExplorer) is the only app supported -- LOOKING FOR A MORE RECENT AND RELIABLE ALTERNATIVE
    iColorFolder:Makes Icons Colored, as in Mac OS 9 -- DLL FILES WITH CUSTOM FOLDERS NEEDED PROGRAM USELESS AS TODAY
    -Sound Pack: Recollected from various sources -- ORIGINAL MOS SOUNDS
    -Resource Hacker: Have fun editing Shell32 and its 1600 icons with only 92

TO DO:

-LiteStep Theme: Tried to talk with the awesome LS skinner "yboris" but he seems to be absent ATM
    -iCF Custom Icons: I provide the program and the source icons, so anyone can try at home
    -Extract Full GUI/Icons from real MOS9: The hardest part, i do not own a PPC Machine, so it will take long, long time to be made
    GUI Fixes For Windows, such as "No-Adressbar/trhobber/menu" windows, progress dialogs, proper bootscreens and logons, ect...

Here is the end result
    [​IMG]

DISCLAIMER: I do not any of the materials here present, except my only icon, everything belongs Apple Inc. and the respective porters

DOWNLOAD

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Gaw discord is my friend now

Who the hell still uses windows xp

3. Gaw discord is my friend now

And why would you want your xp to look like a mac, those things are shit. Sure they look good on the outside.. but everything else...

4. I do?

Also... Mac OS 9?!?! Why?

5. good job mate. looks good :)

there still alot of ppl using xp more than w7.

6. Gaw discord is my friend now

Got proof of that john?

7. Geit Coding wizard!

8. Lots of businesses and college/schools still using XP. my university is half/half. (XP/W7)
    It cost money to upgrade etc.
    Also alot of business who upgraded to vista then downgraded to xp lost money out of that, and they need to recover that lose of money and then save up for w7.
    XP will be out still for a while, next 7-10 years or so.

9. Gaw discord is my friend now

windows 2003 is up? D:

10. Zana The Candy Bun

For the few that looked to it: I made a Mac OS 9 mod because i have an old computer, and i want to it to look to the most beautiful of its era (OS9), second, i love Mac OS, the software is spectacular, the GUI, even more..., third, OSX is too overrated, and everyone is making "Want-to-look-but-i-can't-achieve-it-completly" mods to transform XP/Vista/Se\7en into OSX, but they are not even visually perfect, nor feature-comparable. Mac OS 9 is more feature-wise to his windows counterpart, 2000/XP, so it is better to just stick to the "look-and-feel", then add the coolness of the control strip or the omnibar in a future.

I will still working to this, but this has been the result of 3 years of research and searching...

I hope new versions of this pack include better VSs, better MacOS9-Like Features, and most importantly, being an auto install, not a DIY

PD: Lots of people are still using XP, in Spain, it supposes the 78% of the OSes currently installed (source, a newspaper from december 2009)

11. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

I do, because I hate aero and even with it disabled XP is nicer within games.

Windows Server 2003

12. How can you hate aero? It's so smooooooth

13. Zana The Candy Bun

and sooooooooo resource eating...

i have litestep now on my Win7 MAChine

14. Zana The Candy Bun

News Post: Found a way to simulate the control strip until i get contact with the LS themer (I would love so much to create myself, but it requires programing)

It is a little workaround, using some kind of modular "dock" with controls for volume and stuff... I might get it soon, what i have nowadays is a rocketdock skinned with icons and with the magnification deactivated...

If anyone knows about making it based on LiteStep Plugins/Own LS Mod, please, tell me

15. Spykodemon Disabled account

Windows 7 runs my games faster than they did under XP for some reason, and I used to love XP.

16. That's not true. My vista with aero on eats up to 350MB of memory. :S

17. Zana The Candy Bun

News Flash

Got Mac OS 9, trying to extract the source images from it, also, found WindowBlinds Alternatives for the VS and a better objectbar... working on the control strip... v2 coming soon... in the future i will add an installer

18. Zana The Candy Bun

Another news flash... My mac is in another house all thanks to my mom, so i cannot continue researching on extracting the Source Icons...

So, i made a custom BootScreen and a Custom LogonScreen, i am packing it up and i will upload it again shortly

i still have to do the dock, but it is taking ages... and without source icons, i cannot advance...

Also, any installer to make an automate the source replacing part?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mac os 9 icons 32x32

2. mac os 9 transformation pack

3. windows xp macos 9 transformation pack

4. mac os 9 icons,
  5. mac os logon hd,
  6. Electroconvulsive Therapy machine,
  7. transformation pack names,
  8. transformation mac os 9,
  9. shell32 transformation xp,
  10. wallpaper mac ppc