The bad thing that happened to you today.(Venting thread)

Discussion in 'Random' started by Akiba, 2 Mar 2013.

1. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

fractured my thumb in a longboarding accident

shit hurts bad yo

+I can't wank

2. Fuck the Cambridge rental market

Not only am I looking at £800+/month in rent (nothing included), but everything keeps getting sniped within 24 hours of listing by people who aren't even viewing them

3 weeks to go until I'm completely fucked

3. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

try outside of cambridge and travelling

4. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

How come you are looking at central cambridge? Since you're on the science park you could look to rent in Arbury or one of the local villages on the guided busway?

When I was working on the science park I was renting a room in a shared house in Arbury for ~£500 and you can also get small studios in the same area for like £600-700. I'm currently renting a studio just outside of cambridge for ~£700 (bills inc).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. Price isn't even the issue it's the fact that all the good places disappear so quickly

But yea I know I can get a shared room or studio for a lot less than a full 1 bed

Also didn't know you were in Cambridge area we should go for a beer sometime!

6. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

The house I'm living (and moving out of at the end of this semester) still has a room left I think, considering they just put a 'to let' sign. It's on mill road just outside Anglia Ruskin basically.

Last edited: 19 May 2016
  7. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

Can relate. I have been looking for an apartment for the past month in Copenhagen and it keeps getting snatched litteraly right in front of me... The worst one was a house I called one asking if we [me and 2 friends] could come and look at it. He said yes. Litteraly the day after he called me back saying we do not have to come and he has already rented it to someone else

8. Cactus The key is to never give up

Same sort of thing happened when my friends and I were looking for accomodation for uni next year. We'd call up and set up a viewing for the next day/day after, but they'd always call us up the next day saying the house had been taken already. We ended up just going in person to one of the companies, rather than calling up by phone and fortunately they had a nice house they hadn't really advertised/put on their website so we managed to secure that!

9. Cactus The key is to never give up

10. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

I wonder how well this works...:

Ah, it actually works. I posted that about six hours ago on another forum. :P

11. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

You literally work directly beside each other

How are you only aware of this now

12. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

I like my friends. However I'm pretty livid at a particular "friend" who is now ignoring me because he owes me £280 which he promised last month and is dodging every single question from me and others about paying back.

What a good "friend".

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  13. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

"let's go riot, riot!!"

14. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

And this is why i refuse to lend/be lent money. Money ruins friendships.

15. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Not at all, you just have to know whether they will be a cunt about it or not, I only ever lend money to people I know will pay it back and therefore doesn't change anything about the relationship

16. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Went to dinner with my girlfriend and her parents + sisters yesterday. First time I had ever spent more than five minutes in her family's company.

Started alright, dished out some pretty sweet smalltalk, got to Nandos. Things took a turn for the worst, however, when we were told we'd have to wait for 15 minutes for a table. This resulted in the six of us waiting by the door, menus in hand, with barely any chatter (her family, while nice, are infamously non-talkative).

We get to the table and her dad catches on that I still have no idea what to order. I explain that I'm not a big fan of chicken and have never been to a Nandos before, but I'm sure it'll be fine. I think he interpreted this as me needing help, however, so he spent a few minutes explaining how the menu works to me.

After I had figured out a dish (butterfly burger?) it came to deciding the sauce. Now, I showed some apprehension going for the spicier sauces (there's like, a tier list) due to my experience with the spiciness of Portugese cuisine compared to normal spiciness, so he went across the restaurant and got me several 600ml glass bottles of the sauces for me to dap on a tissue and try. The stuff literally wouldn't come out, however, so I had to hold it while my girlfriend pounded the end.

Surprisingly, no catastrophe occured with the first bottle, but I decided it was too spicy for my liking. So, it came to the second bottle. Same procedure; gf hitting the end while I held it.

I got some on the tissue and gently lowered the bottle down to the table, where it immediately exploded.

Half our table was now covered in about 600ml of Nando's Medium PERi-PERi Sauce, with the glass shattering in all directions. A shard swept across her mum's finger, causing a cut that required two plasters from the kitchen to stop the bleeding.

In the awkward silence that immediately followed, I could only do the natural thing - dipping my finger in the motionless puddle of sauce, tasting it and then announcing that "Actually, this one's alright."

tl;dr 20mins into dinner with my gf parent's and I made her mother bleed

Last edited: 2 Jun 2016
  17. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Not not to laugh at your misfortune but your stories are genuinely really funny, you need to make a blog about it haha

18. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

I fucking died. 10/10 -ign

19. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

Reversing out the car park and managed to let the front rotate into a pillar. As the car celebrated its 22nd birthday yesterday, the entire bumper came off and it has to be written off. Rest in pieces Peugeot 106, you'll be missed.

Screenshot_2016-06-14-18-25-23.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  20. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Wait, it had to be written off because the bumper came off? I know the UK has stronger laws for the condition of cars on the road than the US, but even so that seems a bit extreme.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)