The Brand New $100 Offer

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HellJack, 5 May 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Greetings Friends. You look tired. Why not come on in a have a sit down.

Comfy? Excellent. Let's discuss hats...

I have here, in my hands, $100 US Dollars. I would love to hand it over to you. You just have to offer up something worth while.

I'm looking to buy Unusual Hats and/or Promotional Items. Please, no Ellis or Gibus.

So if you would like to make a sweet and easy $100, make me an offer. I'll take the one(s) I like best.

I'll leave this trade request open for the week, to see what Offers I'll get. I'll update this post as the offers come in and are confirmed.

You, as the Hat/Promotional Item holder, will trade first. Once I have the item, I'll pay you via PayPal.

Thank you for your time, and I wish you the best of days.

Current Offers:

Steaming Demo Fro & 1 Bill's Hat - $57 (DanCousins)
    Steaming Salty Dog - $75 (marc)
    Peace Hallmark - $60 (marc)
    Orbiting Fire Safe n Sound - $80 (marc)
    Bill's Hat - $12 (marc)
    Green Energy German Gonzilla - $75 (TheMC)

2. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Not that I (we, I hope) don't trust you, but isn't it standard policy for the one with the real money to go first? You can cancel PayPayl payments, but you can't reverse trades. Or at least, I think so...?

3. Cactus The key is to never give up

I just did a trade with him, I went first and it was completely smooth.

4. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Normally, it would be standard practice to get a trusted middleman to handle a monetary transaction. But, in this case I'm not going to damage my reputation with this Community by scamming someone over $100.

5. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Heh, of course you aren't. My point wasn't that you were unreliable, I just thought it was common practice to do it vice versa, so I thought I'd ask. I meant no offence or anything. :)

6. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

No problem. I appreciate that fact that you are cautious in the face of real world/virtual items trading.

I take absolutely no offense.

7. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

if a trader has a lot of rep it usually means that he's thrustworthy not to mention scammers are reported --> http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197999234619 (helljack's steamrep is just fine)

Please stop being a retard nlspeed..

8. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

I already traded most of my strange and genuine items. *Sigh*

What if I gave you a choice of any 24 items in my inventory? Although all of my strange items are gone, but I still have some neat stuff things in there, like a level 100 Bonk. Basically, that's enough choices to nab all my hats, accessories, my tags and a few vintage weapons.

This is hypothetical, however.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    • Zing Zing x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

How much for Bombing run w/ flies xD

11. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

I have genuine items in there. It's the genuine items + any other items he wants that reaches a total of 24 items.

12. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Stop putting it in plural, the only genuine you have is an Anger, worth around 3 or 4 refined.

In fact, i've done you a great favour and valued your entire backpack, giving you very, very generous prices and rounding up at every chance:

(I used the following fairly standard conversion rate: 1 Key = 2.55 Refined = $1.50)

Bill's Hat = 9 Keys
    All Other Hats (Plus Clean High-Five Taunt) = 32 Refined = 13 Keys
    35 Vintage Weapons (Including true values of the crit-a-cola, crossbow, caber and loch-n-load) = 15 Refined = 6 Keys
    Level 100 Vintage Bonk! Atomic Punch = 15 Keys
    60 Various Crates = 7 Refined = 3 Keys
    195 Various Weapons = 22 Refined = 9 Keys
    2 Tags + 3 Paints = 4 Refined = 2 Keys
    2 Refined = 1 Key

Total = 58 Keys = $87

Yup, your entire backpack is worth less than $100.

Conclusion: pls go

• Wizard Wizard x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Yes yes, but the point wasn't that HellJack is untrustworthy (I explicitly stated - twice - that he isn't), the point was that I thought that normally, those with money trade first. And seeing HellJack wanting to do the opposite, that made me question whether I was right or not. Not that he wants to do that for some shady purpose.

14. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  15. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

normally there is a middle man.... but that aside, 99% of money trades are done with consideration of the persons steamrep, is your steamrep high then you give the money last as you are trusted by a large number of people, is your steamrep low then some people won't even bother trading with you, if they do decide to trade with you, you usually go first.

that being said, don't just go out trading for money to anyone who seems to have a high steamrep, scammers have been known to copy other people's steamrep or simply making it up as they go.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Ah, that was what I wanted to know. Thank you! :)

17. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

That's not true at all.. people with better rep are the ones the go last , you have no clue about trading whatsoever.

18. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Exactly. Which is why I asked. :P

19. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  20. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Genuine question: Remember that unusual hat I magically obtained off you... would you buy it back off me for a nominal fee or would you maintain honour and refuse to accept it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)