Best Posts in Thread: The good thing that happened to you today

1. Got into the college I wanted to get into. Starting mid august on my Bachelor degree in Business economics and IT! So happy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Like Like x 7
    • Wizard Wizard x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Not sure how self-defense law works in Austria, probably a knife will do the trick

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Played a game with @LewyJudge12 @Mystia @TheMC @Mysteryem and Lewy - we were up against a Riot employee. Lewy, being a cheeky cheeky Mr man asked if we could have some free stuff. The guy said that the person on our team with the most assists at the end of the match would get a little something.

Well, I got the most (closely followed by Mysteryem) and I was gifted the "Riot Blitzcrank" skin - all in all, pretty good :D

• Like Like x 11
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. i return

• Wizard Wizard x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  5. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

It's a beautiful sunny day outside
    Gay marriage is now legal in England and Wales

Gays - 1
    UKIP Weather Forecasting - 0

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

Think it might be my id photo
    image.jpg
    Once you go black

7. Got my "care package" from @The Queen - photos below! (Hopefully none of it will poison me!)

Thank you very much lady Queen! Perhaps I'll let you off of today's mandatory bitch slap... ;)

• Like Like x 11
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

No.

HellJack is a hillbilly with a lighter and a gas pump. I over-defended myself during a good deed.

No heroics involved.

9. Sent my college results off last week. Just got this in an e-mail:

"Dear Luke

Welcome to the University of York.

Now that your place with the University has been confirmed, you will be able to find all of the information you need about what to do next on our current students' pages."

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! MUTHA FUCKIN' UNI!!!

I'm so excited!! Ahahahahahaha! WOOOO!!!

• Like Like x 12
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • List
  10. I AM BACK BITCHES

• Like Like x 11
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Had to go to the Depart of Motor Vehicles to get my drivers license renewed.

Usually a boring task, as the lines are long and the State office workers are...well, pissed at being forced to deal with the general public in need of State assistance.

But, I have a standing game plan in dealing with situations like this. Before showing up to the DMV, I stopped by Dunkin Donuts and picked up a fresh dozen.

Let me tell you, if you have to go do some State business or take your car into the shop, bring a dozen donuts for the people working. They love you for it.

I dropped off the donuts with one of the secretaries working the front desk. She brightened immediately, took a doughnut for herself, and brought the rest back to their break room.

After about five minutes wait time, and seeing several workers happily eating an early morning snack, they saw me and pretty much made the whole ordeal quick and effortless.

I was in and out in just over ten minutes with a fresh, new license.

• Like Like x 8
    • Wizard Wizard x 6
    • List
  12. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

proposed my gf yesterday. She said YES! :feelsgood:

• Like Like x 13
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Double post (fuck off)

Have a job interview this Thursday with the CEO of a company which is part of city hall (if that makes any sense). It's a huge building where companies come together to meet and theres a permanent placing for ICT student from The Hague. There is no official job description because it's a brand spankin new position but apparently it's a manager position.

Good thing is I already know the guy so hopefully it will make things easier.

• Like Like x 9
    • Wizard Wizard x 4
    • List
  14. I am now in full time employment.
    Great success.

• Wizard Wizard x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  15. Yay! Second highest rank in the entire game. I guess equavelent of Masters in LoL
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • List
  16. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Dig it.

I have the funds available to finally take that damn trip to Las Vegas in October for my Birthday.

I can book early, and stay at a really nice hotel.

Fan-fucking-tastic!

• Like Like x 9
    • Wizard Wizard x 4
    • List
  17. @Geit got me a birthday present... It. Is. AWESOME!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

• Like Like x 8
    • Wizard Wizard x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. The real one

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Zing Zing x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

This is funny.

So, the city in which I live has been hit somewhat hard by the winter storms. As such, they have activated several city wide parking bans.

The apartment in which I live doesn't offer off street parking, so during these parking bans I'll usually have to move my car to an overflow parking lot to get it off the street.

But, my city has instituted a new "Business District Zone" that ignores parking bans between 7:00 am and 11:00 pm. I live in this zone, and it works out great for me as I leave for work before 11:00 pm.

But tonight, during a Winter Storm Parking Ban, my car was towed. I woke up, and it was gone.

Due to the poor weather and late hour on a Tuesday night, I could not find a damn taxi cab to take me to work.

I decided to leave a message on the Auburn Maine Police Department Facebook page, explaining my problem.

Soon after, the Auburn PD called me up and explained they saw my Facebook post. They explained the made a mistake, and were sending a cruiser out to pick me up and take me to the impound lot to get me car back.

Soon after, a police cruiser showed up and hauled me over to the lot and soon after I had my car back.

Hell, I was even able to show up to work on time.

• Wizard Wizard x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  20. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Man, what a grand day.

Got a great days sleep, and woke up with plenty of time to take a leisurely hot shower. Shaved, dressed, had a good breakfast, and came into work.

Here at work, I received an email from my Department Head that training duties of the new hire have been turned over to me as "You seem to be the only one able to get through to the new guy due to your solid knowledge of the job combined with your intrinsic ability to be friendly, warm, and nurturing, while simultaneously stern and disciplined".

I love working in a place where they get me.

EDIT: Oh, and I would like to thank @Jindo for the upgrade to my avatar...

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List