The Scout is next, new payload map and gamemode

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by t3rribl3on3, 21 Jan 2009.

1. The Scout is next, new payload map and gamemode

Team Fortress 2 developer Robin Walker has revealed to the Escapist that they are working on "a very different new game mode".

The Scout is the next class slated for the special treatment, and Walker expects the update will be available early this year. Additionally, the team is juggling a number of side projects at the moment, including finally bringing a year's worth of the downloadable content and upgrades to the Xbox 360 version of the game. A new Payload map is in the works, more community maps are on the way and the team will soon unveil a very different new game mode.

Walker also revealed that his team are focusing on existing classes but that doesn't mean they're not considering a 10th class. Walker said:

We've got several new class designs floating around, some of which we like a lot, but right now we're focusing on the broadening of our existing classes through the addition of the unlockables.

You can read the rest of three page interview here.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_185/5668-Storming-the-Fortress

2. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Re: The Scout is next, new payload map and gamemode

Kool I'm so looking forward to that scout update

I'm wondering though, what gun should replace the scout's pistol 0.o

3. Re: The Scout is next, new payload map and gamemode

I think it will be something like the sandvich but instead of healing, it will give an affect like a medics overhealing.

4. Re: The Scout is next, new payload map and gamemode

I would like to see something like energy drink, that will make scout more clumsy to shoot, but faster a lot ;)

5. Re: The Scout is next, new payload map and gamemode

I hope the new bat does extra damage to pyro's :)

I want the scout to have a deagle and auto scattergun though then he would be overpowered.

I wonder if the new bat will allow the scout to gain the same amount of health back as is dealt with the bat so if low on health you could charge in, get a few hits in and leg it back out and also making the bat a viable weapon against the pyro. :mrgreen:

6. Re: The Scout is next, new payload map and gamemode

Hmm I can't wait to see what video they do next! Here's hoping it's a spy one! :P :lol:

7. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Re: The Scout is next, new payload map and gamemode

they only need 2 videos more right? Medic's and spy's... but I think there will be no new video as they are focussing on the new game mode and scout achievements/new weapons

8. Re: The Scout is next, new payload map and gamemode

Perhaps a 'backburner' scattergun with crits from behind only... ouch.
    Or a normal shotgun secondary weapon... rather than pistol/scatter...
    Aaaaaand.... an uberbat that does critical damage when the enemy is in the air?
    Lol.

9. Re: The Scout is next, new payload map and gamemode

Primary - Riflegun: -33% damage however bullets are more concentrated
    Secondary - Nikeys: Increase of +25% speed for 4 seconds, however during this time you are unable to attack
    Melee - Mallet: +100% critical hit while on opponents head, 33% slower firing rate

EDIT:

Reflecto-gun : bullets that bounce off walls
    Headset : call down an airstrike
    Lunchbox : long range, useable only on sentries with a recharge timer. the target sentry temporarily attacks ANY targets in range

10. Re: The Scout is next, new payload map and gamemode

I thinks the scouts secondary weapon should be a dog, when you release him he runs up to the enemys weapon and bites it so they can't use it for 5 seconds, if the enemy gives the dog a sandvich he runs off and eats it for 1 minute.

11. Re: The Scout is next, new payload map and gamemode

I don't want kill dogs, you evil little man!

12. Re: The Scout is next, new payload map and gamemode

you cant kill him, just destract him with a sandvich, so you need to rely on heavys. When the engineer updates come they could add a wind up cat so one day you will see a dog chassing a wind up cat across dustbowl.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)