The spectator exploit!

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Tom Hackers, 10 Feb 2009.

1. Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  2. Th-

Re: The spectator exploit!

If I hear a word of any GM member doing this anywhere other than private servers where this is unquestionably accepted, that's 3 warnings off the bat for exploiting, counter-effective teamwork and unsporting behaviour.

3. Re: The spectator exploit!

+1 Th

anyway I'm sure Valve knows, update fix should be out soon.

4. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Lolz, this statement was more fun then the exploit itself ^^ (because changing the name would be everything needed to be not "detected" as a GM member ... but I see your point of not damaging the clan's name, so I - as a recruit - wont do it, i promise ! =) )

@ Exploit: Unfixable ?! OMG ..... xD

@ Th: How'd ya like a 2fort ghost team fun server ?! :mrgreen:

5. Re: The spectator exploit!

Changing name doesn't really help, as someone(mainly admin on other server) can get steam ID. then it will see GM groups, and report to the admins/leaders in GM ;)

6. Th-

Its not about not being detected, its about not doing. Above statement stands no matter your nick.

7. Fromage "The Cheese"

I only posted it for informational purposes, I agree with you, Exploiting and hacking sucks and I am glad that you are taking action against this kind of thing.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon as it's mainly a sourcemod exploit and has little to do with TF2 itself

Oh yeah, Dark was doing it too ;), we were seeing what could cause this kind of exploit so we could report it to the sourcemod development team.[/quote:1tz1xbxi]

I wonder how valve is when you report bugs through their system in TF2. I reported several bugs long time ago that they haven't bothered to fix.. =/

Erik

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  8. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

lol @ console command #5 ! :mrgreen:

"sm_bu_action - Default 0 Actions to do to the one attempting the exploit.
    Available actions:
    0 = Do nothing.
    1 = Privately warn that user (similar to sm_psay)
    2 = Publically warn that user (similar to sm_say)
    3 = Kick that user
    4 = sm_ban that user
    5 = Force that user to join team SPECTATOR - sm_bu_prevent MUST be > 0"

"Force that user to join team SPECTATOR" ...... will help a lot to prevent this kind of exploit xD

9. Re: The spectator exploit!

It really does work only on fast respawn servers, fast respawn is plugin, this is NOT Valve's bug.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Fixed spectator exploit.

2. team fortress classic spectator exploit