Updates

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Dark, 16 Feb 2009.

1. Updates

Firstly, HLstatsX Community Edition has been updated to version 1.5 which offers a number of improvements. The most notable (at least for me :P) is the support of binary GeoIP data - no longer will MySQL be raped with GeoIP queries when a player joins (which accounted for at least 90% of the MySQL CPU usage). :D

Also, I have written a short (literally 7 lines) Sourcemod plugin which runs on the match server, automatically running the equivalent of "rcon exec automatch" 5 seconds after every map change. This brings us the huge benefit of being able to keep the match server using the same set of files as the others and allowing admins some basic plugins to work with (for changing map etc.). I have also updated etf2l.cfg to the latest version and altered sm_warmode_on.cfg to only unload a specific list of plugins, keeping the ones necessary for changing map via the sm_admin menu etc.

I will also update Apache and MySQL at some point if the weird port blocking error ever happens again (which first manifests itself as 'Invalid Steam user ID ticket' - Tell an admin with RDP access to completely reboot the dedi immediately if you see this and it is persistent across all GM servers.), but I'm pretty sure that the sheer volume of queries from HLstatsX's GeoIP system was the cause.

2. IAmNomad Ex-Leader

Re: Updates

I have absolutely no idea what you just said. :P
    Except that I've seen that "Invalid user ticket" thingy and I'm glad that's taken care of -- good job.
    About the co-op server -- I really like it. As you know, I have strange work hours and sometimes sit down to play when all of Europe is sleeping. But I can always find a GM friend to play with when I go there. ;) Have all teh bugs been worked out though? I get disconnected from that server sometimes and have to re-connect.

3. Re: Updates

Yeah, the RCbot2 plugin which my Co-Op plugin is built around crashes at random (more bots = more likely to crash) and is sadly outside my control :(

I've uploaded an unofficial 0.4.1 build of RCbot2 which may or may not help - here's the changelog:

Also a community-made waypoints (the files that tell the bots where to go :P) pack will soon be released containing support for the following maps:

4. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

ish not fun. bots pwn me.

5. Knud Phat beats only

They pwn you? 0.o

That is shocking.

Anyways, good to hear that the "invalid userID" bug will be fixed now *fingers crossed*

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ctf_well bot waypoints