Voice Chat Receive Volume Problem :S

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Ash, 12 Feb 2009.

1. Ash

Voice Chat Receive Volume Problem :S

So in my settings I have voice chat receive volume to 100%.. but still some people are quiet.. (with ventrillo I could just boost the people) but tf2 doesnt have that feature.. so I thought ill turn down the game volume..

But the game volume is linked to the voice receive volume... if you turn down the game volume it turns down the voice chat receive with it..

Is there anyway I can turn up the voice chat receive or turn the game volume down without turning down the voice chat receive volume? ;o

2. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

Re: Voice Chat Receive Volume Problem :S

Ash if its because you cant hear me don't worry, i just got a **** headset :P

3. Re: Voice Chat Receive Volume Problem :S

Most people probably have the same problem: Bad or insufficient microphones. That probably explains why some people are always hard to hear, which is nothing you can control and therefore can't be fixed. :?

I suggest going to the Valve Homepage and posting there. If there is a way to turn up 2 seperate volumes or boost players they will know. You could also ask some of the Techies of GM, maybe they know a solution?

I hope this helps you out.

4. Re: Voice Chat Receive Volume Problem :S

Get better speakers? Turn up the levels elsewhere?

We all know kid fails, so just ignore his comment :lol: :P

:shock:

5. Ash

Speak louder noob!

:D

Gunna go on Valve forums and see if theres a way or maybe see if i can get enough people to ask for valve to seperate the two sound outputs.

6. Fromage "The Cheese"

Or buy a decent mic? Something is obviously wrong if you have to go over the top with a booster in ventrilo. :)

Erik

7. Re: Voice Chat Receive Volume Problem :S

As i understood you want hear other people more loudly...
    If you hear more then 50% good, then ask other ppl (who you hear quietly) buy new mics... :|

8. Fromage "The Cheese"

Ouch my bad. Then yes, have them buying better mics. :D

Erik

9. Ash

thought it would come down to that.. tf2 needs the ventrillo feature where you can boost individual peoples volume lol.

10. Fromage "The Cheese"

We can always add a vote system for it.

"should person A buy a new mic?" then yes or no. :)

Erik

11. Geit Coding wizard!

I have to keep my game volume at about 10% to be able to hear everyone else. :|

12. Ash

this is the weird thing.. if i turn down my game volume.. people get quieter.. the game volume control in tf2 also turns down incoming voice chat.. ;o so I could have the voice chat at 100% volume incoming.. but if say i turn game volume down from 100% to 50%.. voice chat still says its 100% but everyone gets quieter.. lol

13. Re: Voice Chat Receive Volume Problem :S

this

14. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

dude, I stay up until around 2am-5am where my parents and my sister go to sleep and you want me to scream down the mic??

lol ok

15. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

well some ppl just talk louder or less loud. or the mic is too far away. i sometimes have that too :).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. voice receive volume

2. tf2 voice receive volume

3. receive volume

4. recieve volume,
  5. tf2 voice chat not working,
  6. tf2 turn up receive volume,
  7. tf2 bad voice receive,
  8. voice volume boost tf2 ,
  9. voice receive volume tf2,
  10. voice chat is quiet tf2