Welcome (officially) Tonks to GM :D

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dark, 8 Oct 2008.

1. Re: Welcome (officially) Tonks to GM :D

Thx guys, last day at work tomorrow then 4 days off so expect to see me up for some l8 ones, cheers for the support guys ;)

2. eoN

Re: Welcome (officially) Tonks to GM :D

I never said i didnt want him in hes welcome but its bull shit to say that he got in through the recruitment system properly, we need to make a recruitment system and not cut corners, make it so every recruit has to go through exactly the same process because its just unfair to rush people in EVEN IF they where a recruit before it came out, then why wasnt he put through the old recruitment system? Its just bull to say oh heres one recruitment system and heres another and then go he joined on the first one so we're not going to use any and just let him in with a vote, you cant have a valid vote without demo's etc because for all of us that dont know him well we cant say "oh hes a nice guy" just because you think he is or just because some people think he is, thats why people that know him can vote yes because hes a nice guy but the people that dont shouldnt vote because of someone elses oppinion they should vote by there own and if they cant or dont want to play on 32 man servers and wait for him then watch him why not just put up the demos and they can judge on skill as seen as only his friends can say hes a nice guy.

NO i am not saying he shouldnt be in, im saying that he shouldnt be treated as an exeption just because he recruited with the old recruitment process.

3. Re: Welcome (officially) Tonks to GM :D

The very fact he did was recruited with the old recruitment process means that he IS an exception - one that won't be repeated.

4. eoN

To be honest everyones been an exeption. I got in pritty easy dont think i had to put up any demos, walking target got in pritty easy and now tonks aswell, im not saying kick us out or anything im saying dont be stupid, if you make a recruitment system use it dont just go oh no this persons nice lets let them in easily. The whole point is its ment to be hard.

5. Re: Welcome (officially) Tonks to GM :D

eoN you gotta understand he was applied b4 this drama and the new changes were made!

that it! there aint any other members, tonk was the last one b4 all this and has been waiting so long cos of the drama!

6. eoN

Im not talking about the drama im talking about the OLD recruitment process, Trickys one.

FUCK TYESSSSS my cpu fan just arivved!!!!!! YEYEYEYEYEYEYEEYE

7. Re: Welcome (officially) Tonks to GM :D

omg ban? IIRC, you were recruited by F, so there should be a vote if GM wants you in the clan now? :O :P

There's a demo like it should be, he was recruited by former "Z" and we can provide a "****load" of stv demos also.

true story... :D

There were demos (are maybe, most likely dead cause of the update, he passed the other stuff also.
    We stayed with the old rec. process a bit and since many wanted a vote, we put a vote up for it, like it's in the NEW rules. Ofc i want every GM member to play some 6v6 games, to check out if he/she likes it, same goes for Tonka. And since the "old" system involved a Buddy... care to help him getting on IRC and the pugs a bit?

edit: omg, 1111 posts, i'm a spam machine :D

8. eoN

Waebi you know what i mean im just saying if you say your going to use a recruitment process use it dont say "oh you can get through" etc to some because it just means someone else will have to fight their way through the normal process then come out and you change the freaking process and it becomes stupidly easy and you notice how many weeks you had to use to get in where as if i applied now id be in within a week probably :P Sorry so hyper my fans installed etc xDDDDDDD

9. Re: Welcome (officially) Tonks to GM :D

you wouldnt be in within a week now. Read it again, Tonka had a mix of the old and the new one, means in certain ways it was harder, and in other easier yes. And I agree, there should be demos, and like I said, go ahead and help him put some up if you are so freaking annoyed by that.

/rant.

10. eoN

I dont have the powers to post things up like that, to be honest... its your job... and the other leaders jobs to do that kind of stuff...

11. Re: Welcome (officially) Tonks to GM :D

you certainly do have the powers to help him getting on IRC, playing X pugs and letting him record those. The rest is my business then. Deal? :D

12. eoN

Oh i though you ment uploading the demos onto the dedi :P lol

And hasnt he already done that or have all the people that voted been mis informed ;)

From what ive heard there are demos of him but no one has uploaded them...

13. Re: Welcome (officially) Tonks to GM :D

there was a demo, which is most likely dead since the tf2 update "breaks" old demos. If you want to get him a "new" demo because of that reason, you are the man to stand up and help him getting one. That's what i mean ;)

14. eoN

No but part of the recruitment system is to make two demos of PUG's and i think the idea behind this was it would make people play about 10 because they would want a good demo to show off, so they would just record all their PUGs and whichever they think went best they send the demos to a leader who then puts them on the dedi and then they get linked with the vote :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)