What are you watching at the momento?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Overdrive, 14 Apr 2009.

1. What are you watching at the momento?

just a lil topic to share what you are watching at the moment =)

hopefully itll generate some new interests and discussions.

checking out some new Final Fantasy XIII Versus footage - they finally added a female character =P
    altho most graphics are next generation at the moment, FF still amazes me in their realistic CGI and still overshadows everyone imo. enjoy =)

*watch it in HD/High Quality if you can(bottom right clicky 'HQ' when playing) - tis awesome*
    [youtube:1fu2y763]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OAG80eQfn14&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OAG80eQfn14&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:1fu2y763]

alternative vid:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43746.html?type=flv

2. Re: What are you watching at the momento?

Watching a video while writing a post is hard :P

I'm currently (as in, these days, not right now) watching: Heroes (just finished season 1 ... watched it all in 1 day >.>), Dragonball (I was very young when I watched this, so I didn't get a lot of it) & about to start the first episode of Earth Final Conflict.

3. Re: What are you watching at the momento?

Air (movie version; just finished the TV series)

Next on my list is Code Geass, then Azumanga Daioh again.

EDIT: Wow, that CGI is fucking epic. I've never really got into FF though tbh

4. Re: What are you watching at the momento?

I didn't know there's a movie version of Air, I'm gonna have to check that out :]

Azumanga Daioh is epic. I have the exact same personality as Sakaki 8-)

5. Re: What are you watching at the momento?

Although that CGI is amazing, it pisses me when they use this shit for a game trailer and when you actually see the in-game visuals, there nothing like that, which is obvious, but never the less. FF sucks in my IMO and always will.

Ive just finished watching the complete 1 & 2 seasons of Bleach, and also up to the latest episode of The Mentalist, which is pretty cool tbh.

6. Re: What are you watching at the momento?

[youtube:1uic4v4b]Ur2h8hpd87E[/youtube:1uic4v4b]

my all time favorite movie...

watching it for the ca. twentieth time now :D

7. Re: What are you watching at the momento?

If you like that Grendal, have you seen Generation Kill ?

It's done by the same writter of the Wire. It was awesome.

[youtube:1j9iuspp]pmtzdrz_CYM[/youtube:1j9iuspp]

8. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Re: What are you watching at the momento?

Well, this level of detailed graphics COULD be possible within the next 10 years.

But not with current Rasterizing technology. The key would be Raytracing, or a Voxel-based Engine, like the id-Tech 6 one. With Intel's Larrabee released at 2009/2010 there will be maybee a change in the most favourited grraphics technology, because Raytracing is capable to display extremly realistic illuminated surfaces.

The "trick" is, that there isnt a 3D-lattice model with an affixed texture wall paper anymore, which just trys to look like a "real" 3D-object with simulating stuff like "highs" or "tuckings" via techniques like Bump mapping. With the "new" (not really new, the technique itself is als old as the rasterizing, but it could be never used because of the lack of Hardware Power in the last years) techniques it is possible to REALLY create 3D-Objetcs:

[​IMG]

Real Raytracing would allow to calculate real shadow(line)s and a realistic global illumination .... but you need very fast parrallel-working processors. Maybee the next generation of graphics cards will have enough power to be able to realtime render a raytracing game ... + we need games that are devoleped which such an engine (well, id is working on it) .... and it is rumoured, that the next console generation could support this technique as well in 2010/11 ..... well, we'll see =)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  9. Longbow Victorique <3

I recently finished watching the Melancholy of Haruhi Huzumiya, which sparked my love for anime again :D
    I am currently watching the series of Air, after which I'll watch Death Note. Upon finishing that i'll just find more to watch, can't get enough of it! ;)

10. Re: What are you watching at the momento?

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is awesome.
    Are you watching it in chronological order or air date order? I did the chronological one because I didn't feel like getting confused. :P

11. Re: What are you watching at the momento?

no, never heard of it...

gonna watch it when I have time, it sounds awesome!

12. Re: What are you watching at the momento?

Just finished watching the footage for our Latin assignment.
    We're making a movie, will be editing this thing for the next couple of days I'm afraid :O

13. Re: What are you watching at the momento?

Naruto - Elfen Lied (again -.-') - Kill Bill (Watched that last night) - loads of other crap :P

14. Spykodemon Disabled account

Naruto.

Hahahha.

15. Longbow Victorique <3

Chronologically of course. At first i watched something like the 9th ep, i was totally clueless so i started from the beginning

16. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

17. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

shuddup !

Naruto (Shippuuden) ownz ! :mrgreen:

18. Knud Phat beats only

Heroes.

And Generation Kill is awesome! 8-)

*That was pretty ninja*

19. Re: What are you watching at the momento?

lol sorry usually leave a few links streaming and yea =P was in the moment

FF12 was on PS2 so expect the graphics to be a lil dated =) still the CGi in that was amazing, and the gameplay graphics was on average more visually stunning than most games at the time. Guess the next gen consoles will really show what they have to offer, FF has been revolutionary.

Latest video of FF13 Fabula Nova Crystallis (gameplay @ 1:30)
    *HD again for best experience*
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44895.html?type=flv - for an Even Better quality video
    [youtube:1tzhz3ek]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Or7Dw3QlbwQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Or7Dw3QlbwQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube:1tzhz3ek]
    Fudge yea, melee air clifter to ice combo =D

Heroes is awesome, havent seen any of the new series yet tho
    might just download Azumanga Daioh and see what the fuss is about
    Jarhead is a nice film... about wanking =P
    Naruto Shippuden... donno kinda stopped watching it after 20 epis but was addicted to it, everyone kinda got stupidly overpowered tho =P

just saw new Fast & Furious
    currently watching Gundam 00
    Code GEASS is on hold
    The Inbetweeners <3 if youve been to high school and love comedies you'll love this, so thats basically everyone =)

@Ana - hahah can i see it?

20. Re: What are you watching at the momento?

Overdrive you're already calling PS2 graphics "dated"?
    I think most PS1 and N64 games still look really good >.>

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)