What is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Danny, 8 Apr 2009.

1. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Good for them, but personally, unless they reply, I don't give two care. There are problems with the clan and clan members know this, we have our way of highlighting them, you have yours.

The bloody point of this whole thing is to highlight that the current regime is crap, are you hard-headed or something

We have an abuse report system for this kind of thing, it's not my fault members of our community don't use it, I could easily reason that it is your (The communities) Fault.

Do you remember why your app was denied? for vulgarity and bad attitude, it looks like that still remains.

2. Spykodemon Disabled account

No one is supposed to, it's just people like you who don't know who to talk to when it comes to technical stuff. Why the fuck are you still here anyway?

Feel free to ban me, I won't care either, I am just giving my opinion, something you shouldn't because most of it is bullshit.

3. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

I´m so sad i dont life near you.. i realy am.. you deserve it.

4. Spykodemon Disabled account

I am still suprised you even live somewhere.

5. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

Danny, thanks for your input.
    However you don't really know what's going on. And blaming the admins. (yes, that's how that feels to me)
    is NOT the way to solve this, or any help at all. Sorry.

Geit, calm down dude.

Kj, is the only thing you can do flame?

Grend, Core ain't here anymore. You know I loved his way of acting, but saying that with his leadership this wouldn't have happened doesn't help either atm. (however, I do agree with you.)

Spyko, a little bit more clear info would be appreciated. And stop the blaming/flaming as well

@everyone.

calm the fuck down. It'd not the fucking end of the world. Remember this is all about a stupid little game. Damn..... Stop the epic fucking flame will ya!

6. Geit Coding wizard!

No one suggested that me or Spyko want to lead, we want the clan to change.

7. Knud Phat beats only

MMmz, how to reply useful to this thread..?

For me GM is still a lot of fun. Ok, when the servers have some issue is not OK, but hey, there are also other TF2 game servers, so for that part I'm fine honestly.

As for "internal" stuff of GM.... could be improved perhaps.
    I know TH is encouraging (community) members to play more on GM servers #4 and #5 which I think is good thing. But on the other hand there is "always" the fight between several people. For me that does not add any extra value, its not even "fun" to read this stuff on the forum.

For me it's simple, I just want to have fun in the GM community/clan and improve my gaming skills when ever possible.

8. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Incorrect: GM IS a fun clan, hence the Dustbowl server and the Balloon Race server and all the fun we have playing on them. The two rotation servers add some variety into the mix and encourage team play and the learning of new classes/skills. This is a nice balance and gives us a nice spread of maps catering to all the types of players out there.

You haven't told us who else, besides you and Geiti, support all the action you have taken.

These 'Big-Changes', have you considered consulting the clan/community about them? Or are you simply deciding that you know best and you will make these changes regardless of what the regulars feel because you can?

Your reply to Danny was very offensive, he is a concerned regular who wants to know what is going on. Please stop acting like a little kid when you post - there is no need to respond in the way you did, and you have no ground to say this, considering the manner of your own posts:

9. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

what am i happy i am not involved in this, Good Luck for everyone :).

10. Th-

I would like to add my statement to the events today...

Unfortunately Dark is on holiday at the moment, so there is only so much detail I can go into. Our servers are well kept by our group of admins, which hasn't caused any notable trouble, however the site is run by Dark, Geit and Spyko and I think Danny was spot on saying "When the cats away, the mouse will play"

Spykodemon has a long history in GM. I find him a pleasant guy most of the time with excellent skills in tech-related stuff. I do not support him in any of today's events. Spyko, you've been out of line.

Geitiegg is a very important member with technical savvy, and GM has a lot to thank him for. But Geit is not leader, and doesn't decide what to do or how this community is run. His opinions have differed from the consensus of the leadership, which is a not really an issue... except when you take into account his ability. Since the new year many things have changed in GM, and many people think for the better. Geit, when you remained silent when asked about our values, goals and direction, you lost your right to complain... you haven't contributed outside tech maintenance and money, which is your decision. Currently looks like you think you have a significant say on how things should be ran, but that is only because you have the capability. Your acknowledged power is 1 vote out of about 40 members, no more. Geit, you have been out of line.

Kj, you're opinions would serve us better without the flames... and warnings are underway. I trust you don't have objections to this.

Vacoy, I fully agree with you, thx for the input

December last year I was contacted and promoted as the primary leader for GM with the support from Deputies Disco, Nomad and Pissmidget who all have significant say on eveything. Since our founder, Core is away, I am the primary leader outranked only by Dark. So far my promotion has been nothing but a positive change according to a strong consensus. I take Spyko's and Geit's poor judgement as a personal insult against the system you both had the power to vote on.

Let me be very clear... you 2 will answer to me personally. One way or another, "extreme changes" are about to happen for the both of you.

11. Geit Coding wizard!

Incorrect; GM no longer has the essence of fun surrounding it as it once did, i no longer feel like playing on any of the servers is fun because we are not allowed to have any, because we "must" improve our skill at all times, fun is not allowed.

I quote you from one of the many conversations we've had in the recent months; "Irrelevant".

The changes are reverts, and have been carefully considered, time and time again, we've decided that we don't mind losing the part of the clan that won't stick through the changes.

Cry some more, he'll survive. If he didn't want a flame reply he shouldn't of personally insulted me in his post, please stop acting like a prick on your posts - there is no need to act like you are better than anyone, because simply, your not. There are no rules to this board, I can post what I like, all is fair in love and war.

12. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

I agree with some points Danny made, mainly that there are indeed too much admins/mods.

I haven't been here long, but this forum seems to be rather small and you have 8 people with mod status? That's kind of asking for trouble. In Clanofdoom we have the leaders who obviously have admin, and other than that we have a total of 2 mods. There are Benj and me and as far as I can tell, our forums are more active than yours (if only our servers were as active :P). The Clan of Doom forums mostly run quite smooth. Sure there are a few problems with members here and there, but you don't need 8 mods that are fighting for power (they are bound to have different views on things) to solve those problems.

Also, I'm not sure if I understood this part correctly, but you really do need to enforce your rules. I found that when you slack on the rules everything just goes downhill. Especially if you favorite certain people. This only annoys everyone else who isn't getting some special treatment. My suggestion for a warning system is to let members have 3 warnings, on the third one they are suspended from the forums for a week. When they come back after a week they have 2 more warnings left. On their second warning then they get permanently banned. Though if they behave their warnings may decrease over time.

This ensures that people who constantly troll and flame will get punished, but someone who happens to have a bad day and flames someone doesn't get into trouble for it. Shit happens and you can't ban everyone for it. Communities aren't a dictatorship after all, as soon as you are, you're already starting your journey towards failure.

Anyway, this is just my opinion after having seen the forums here for ~2 weeks. I don't know how much of my post is right, but I'll leave that up to the reader to decide. If a point made in this post doesn't really apply to the situation, feel free to just ignore it :)

13. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

I back Geit and Spyko totally.

14. Fromage "The Cheese"

May I ask what's wrong with your attitude? You said you dislike 13 year old people because of their behaving, and by reading what you're typing I bet you're under 10? Act more mature if you are mature. This topic was made for discussion not insulting and throw shit at people.

Erik

15. Geit Coding wizard!

Nothing to object to in this paragraph, what a shame.

Nor here.

Nor do you have any real say in how the community/clan is run, Dark gets the final vote in this all, we await his opinion. Th, you have been out of line, and you bloody well know it.

I take the system as an insult to the founding principals of this clan, you have no say in anything, effectively, so don't even try. Your promotion has been the worst change GM has taken in ages, we already had piss, we didn't need another overly-competitive leader.
    Your army officer training will do you no use online, so drop the act, now. I don't answer to idiots, or pricks you are both.

16. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

you are all a bunch of dicks.
    If you won't listen fine, I won't say anything anymore then.
    All drop dead if you have to, fucking hell

you are all a bunch of 13 year old.

Yes, I've had it.

17. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well if you two don't come along then you either solve it or someone remove one of your privileges. Right now I would say I have more faith in -Th (no offence Geit, I don't know any of you in person only from forum typing..)

Erik

Edit. Three involved people in GM has either said dumb things or done somewhat "dumb" things today (in this thread only), I wonder how many there will be left after today...?

18. Geit Coding wizard!

8 Mods was a guesstimate, the actual number is 7, of which about 3 frequently any type of moderation. We have a-lot of forums that are not visible to you, but yours may still be more active.

Good post.

19. Th-

Geit and Spyko, I believe I understand your points of view but they don't make it any more right. What this event basically means, is that you're tossing the democratic hierarchy system out of the window, and saying the consensus of the clan is worth less than the money you are paying for the server. Is that what you want to build future on?

Everything I have done has been according to the values present, even though as a human I do make some mistakes every now and then. I have nothing to apologize for.

You seem pretty strict with your opinion and view... I truly admire that kind of persistence.

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  20. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well, I'm a moderator at one of swedens bigger health boards and we're having 15k users and five mods in total, how does that work out? Any decision we take is brought for discussion before doing anything. I might add that we're all over 20 if that matters... According to the forums GM has 227 users and a lot more mods.

Edit. 16600 even. http://halso.info/forum/ there is the link. almost ½ million of posts. :)

Erik

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)