Why I should be an admin....

Discussion in 'Administrator Applications' started by Sniperofthebrine, 24 Sep 2015.

?

Do you think I'd be a good admin?

1. Yes

35.0%
  2. No

45.0%
  3. I'm with this guy all the way

10.0%
  4. If this guy ever gets admin, I will choke myself with piss

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sniperofthebrine The saltiest of Pirates

First off, lemme fill the form in as it should be:

In-game name: |GM|Sniper-De-La-Brine ((Will be changed to [GM]Sniperofthebrine If I get admin))

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sniperofthemotherfuckingbrine/

Location: Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan ((In Wales...)) ((((In the UK))))

Game(s)/Service(s) you are applying for: TF2 Orange x3

Why do you think you need admin: I'm on at least 3 times a day, for about 2-3 hours each gametime. I know almost all the rules off by heart, and always report to other admins.

Why are you more suitable than other applicants: I will not abuse commands, and hope to keep hackers and trolls OUT of Orange.

Current and expected activity level on the games/services in question: 3-4 hours weekdays 6-7 hours weekends/holidays

Current and expected activity level on Mumble: Probably none. Will need to be reminded to use it, if need be. I WILL attend if need be.

Current and expected activity level on the forums: Same as above.

Any previous administrative experience: Only on Minecraft, back in version 1.0

As well, I've been on Orange for over a few years now. About.... 2? I AM shouty, and always loud, but I always try to give people a giggle. I'm normally not a hostile person, and, most likely, I'll be like M-m if I get Admin. Friendly and only hostile to other hostiles. I HAVE applied before, but I've never really been noticed. I promise to be a good admin, I MAY need some help with commands, though, as I've never used Source commands, ever.

And, as always....
    BA-WEEP-GRA-NA-WEEP-NINNY-BONG!

*Edit*
    Just want to put out there, I meant hostiles as in, y'know, people purposely killing other friendlies. I myself WILL run and hide. Maybe I should have clarified that a bit more. But, yeah, y'know. As well, I never did say M-m abused powers. He's fairly good with them, if not for the constant resizes and gravitational changes on himself. BUT, that's not really abuse, is it now?

Second edit:
    Forgot to mention that, lest I'm somewhere else, my internet goes around 10PM on a weekday, and on Friday and Saturday, it ends on 11PM I'll usually say if I'm somewhere else, anyways.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 26 Sep 2015
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Sniperofthebrine The saltiest of Pirates

If you're wondering why I chose to upload a Dalokoh's Bar, it's because it's a reference to my Strange Dalokoh's. Which is a reference to the 1980's Transformers Movie! Helljack got the reference, and he's my favourite admin!!! ((Second to best admin, too))

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Well you're active on Orange which is a plus, but with only 3 posts before this and really no activity on the forums. I'd say that forum and mumble activity are extremely important.

That doesn't seem to be the right way to be honest, but hey ho.

But I know you on Orange sometimes and you were a good guy so Good Luck!

4. Squallkitty GM's #1 Streamer!

probs gonna hear the same thing again, you are not realy know outside of TF2 / Orange, a totalaty of 5 posts on the forums and i have never seen you on mumble (though i have to admit i have not been on there for a couple of days myself) also as far is i know we are not looking for any new admins atm.

my reccomendation, be more active in the community outside of TF2.

but yea good luck!

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  5. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

What @Squallkitty said.

We have a metric tonne of Admins right now. And while you're a well known personality on our Orange server, we don't really know you away from those servers.

Be more active here on the forums, join us on Mumble, let us have a chance to know you better.

We can all revisit this application in 2 months time. That should give us all a really good chance of getting to one one another.

Oh, and one last thing:

SUCK IT, @Savage !

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Brick Top Server Admin

M-m is never hostile to other people while "abusing" admin (IE resized/low gravity). Even if they try to kill him he just hides or tries to run. Just to clarify.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

Well, I'd say the way he has been acting recently has been borderline abuse... Even if it is in a good spirited manner, resizing yourself to avoid a projectile and to be able to block the point adnauseum is downright dishonest.

Annnnnyway, that little personal kettle of fish aside, to be honest I don't think anyone cares how you play the game, whether you buy into this friendly nonsense or not. Just make sure you don't go through with what you suggested you'd do to snipers if you ended up as an admin... Surefire way to get yourself in problems...

8. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Aren't you talking about Mei and Spikius here (at least, they did it once, I called them out on it, they seem to have stopped after that)? I haven't seen -M-m- abusing his powers? Unless you mean him being a peaceful bystander and then fleeing with the help of his powers when people start shooting at him, I think I saw that once. But that is at the same level of slapping yourself or committing suicide when you lose a rock-paper-scissor thing, or floating up to the top of your spawn room to hide for the enemy when they've capped the last point. I don't really see much wrong with that. I'd say it becomes wrong when you use your powers to aid you in combat, to harm or kill others.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. I'd suggest it's wrong to use your powers more than 3 times a minute.

(recreational use of it obviously)

What example does this set to new people

10. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

We shall agree to disagree I'd say. Whether or not it is used in combat, I'd still argue that using admin powers to avoid an attack, or to prevent a point being capped, regardless of the way you are playing the game, is fundamentally dishonest. I can assure you I haven't got my facts wrong on this, however.

11. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Also.. is this not a bit off topic?

12. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Indeed. Please folks. Stay on target.

13. Sniperofthebrine The saltiest of Pirates

Yeah, in regards to all this, I do plan on trying to stay on here more often. Jack, if at all possible, please do remind me to go on Mumble and/or forum at least once a week, if that's not a bother. I really am that forgetful. Or someone else, IDK. I wanna prove my worth to the GM community, and, Langers, don't fret! I don't plan on killing every shitshot. That'd not only be a bad thing, but everyone would hate me for it. I dun plan on that. Again, I know very little about the source controls and commands, so I will need help using the basic ban/unban/mute etc commands. I know a few off by heart, but very little on the server itself.

So, yeah! I'll need a bit of help staying on both Mumble and the forum. Sometimes, I'll just forget, and never come back on, y'know? I'll probably resize myself here and there, and maybe the odd gravity. Oh, and...

If the server asked for Grav/resizes, would it be OK to do a vote for them, and then do it if it passes? Or no?

14. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Nee

15. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

kek

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • List
  16. Sniperofthebrine The saltiest of Pirates

Nevermind about Mumble right about now... I only have the built-in Mic, and that'd break the whole Mumble server into a rage. Will just have to rely on the Forums for now!

17. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

what the fuck

18. Sniperofthebrine The saltiest of Pirates

Could I know what the fucking is for?

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 2
    • Douglas Douglas x 2
    • List
  19. What's with all the hate on sniper?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  20. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

No idea.

I would like it to stop.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)