Windows 7 Index Scores, Post Here.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DjShrew, 13 Sep 2009.

1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Re: Windows 7 Index Scores, Post Here.

I wont install Win7, i dont see any reason for it to do so, its Vista with a changed look, and easier for "stupid users" to use ...... Vista is geting DX11, so why changing ?! (Allthough i got my Win7 free copy from my university)

Btw: Your HDD will fuck up your Index all the time, you need a fast SSD to get a 7+ rating, the rating system is the same failing and useless crap like in Vista ....

btw2: You guys have "system builder editions" in GB ?! In germany, the shops are forced to sell the "OEM-versions" of OSes (that stuff they only deliver pre-installed on the PC) as well, so we can get a Win7 Home Premium for ~70€, Win7 Ultimate for 150€

2. Fromage "The Cheese"

Windows 7 is sooo much better than vista anyhow, vista is so god damn slow. Windows 7 is speedy as a charm, well worth updating just for that sake. Haven't gotten almost any crashes in it either, but in vista I got loads.

Erik

3. Jagamuta Cabbage was here!

4. Fromage "The Cheese"

That's it! Im buying windows 7!

Erik

5. Knud Phat beats only

How will win7 work with XP, network wise?
    I do have bad experience with that.. :(

And I don't like the glossy look that much.. (same in vista too)

6. Re: Windows 7 Index Scores, Post Here.

Definitely going to upgrade soon, and buy a retail key once it gets released.

Just need to prepare myself for the loss of my precious quick launch bar :<

[​IMG]

7. Geit Coding wizard!

[​IMG]

8. Re: Windows 7 Index Scores, Post Here.

I thought it said "619,00 zł" and therefore assumed it meant sixtyone thousand nine hundred pln = £130

^^

9. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, personally i prefer a difference between Quicklaunch-icons and the Taskbar, one of the reasons why i dont intend to upgrade, i dont like that Tab/Quicklaunch combination of Win7 ....

The only reason i had so far was the fact, that it was rumoured, that Win 7 solves natively the TRIM-problem of many MLC-SSDs (like the Samsung ones that im interested in), but after a nice talk with an Intel-developer on the GC in cologne i know now, that Intel as well as the other bigger SSD-selling companys will soon/allready offer new firmwares that will solve the problem under Win Vista as well. So my only real reason for a change is gone (otherwise i'd upgrade to Win 7 because i want 2 SSD in RAID0 as system paritition-drives for my Windows/Kubuntu instalations)

10. Geit Coding wizard!

Two words:

Try it.

(You Stubborn German spammer. :))

11. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Oh, i tried the BETA, thats why i wont install it -> Imo its Vista with a different design, some input-helping dummy-features for guys that are too dumb/slow to work fast with many opened Tabs, same not useful Index Score / game Explorer as Vista has ....

And about that "speed thing": Well, its the same kernel as Vista had, they just finished the job a bit more this time, that why its a BIT faster and more compatible as Vista is / was at the start. In games, there is almost NO difference, just the desktop is reacting a bit faster. Imo not a big problem, im having a fast machine and my Vista is allready reacting very fast + ill get my 2 SSDs arround December, so ill get a great speed boost anyways .....

12. Re: Windows 7 Index Scores, Post Here.

Again Snow Leopard for the win. Win7 is just Vista but more polished, which means its still shite.

13. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

/agreed

Naaah ..... allthough i have some plans, i hate my Notebook .....

14. Re: Windows 7 Index Scores, Post Here.

7 is a new kernel, therefore it is not Vista (6).

Windows XP (5.1) on the other hand, uses the Windows 2000 (5.0) kernel. It really was little more than a reskin with some additional features.

15. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Changing a few things and recompile it doesnt make it a "new" kernel imo :/

-> http://www.pcworld.com/article/153624/under_the_hood_windows_7_is_vistas_twin.html

16. Re: Windows 7 Index Scores, Post Here.

[​IMG]

Guess I won't be getting 7 then. I haven't formatted in almost 4 years, and I don't plan on doing so now. Although transplanting my registry and files into a Home Premium installation after upgrading to 7 Ultimate is a possibility...

Also lol at kernel similarity based on the thread count. That says nothing other than it does the same stuff, but they can't prove it does it in the same way.

17. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, still closed scource, all they can do is benching/watching how it works, but from using the BETA for more than a month, i came to the same impression: It feels like Vista and just looks a bit different.

18. Re: Windows 7 Index Scores, Post Here.

The kernel doesn't control how it feels though :P

19. Re: Windows 7 Index Scores, Post Here.

[​IMG]

Lol fail

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 gaming

2. win 7 gaming index