Yes, a GM meet!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Vacoy, 21 Apr 2009.

1. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

Yes, a GM meet!

I was thinking some days ago about organizing a GM meet. After disco's enthusiasm and some more as well.
    I thought well, LETS DO IT!

First of all, the place.
    England, (hey, no shit!)
    I was thinking that somewhere in the middle would be the best, so that everyone from the UK can get there okay.
    a LAN place or something, so we can all play together. Or we do that and something else, we'll figure it out ^^
    EDIT: Probably Nottingham or Derby.

Date: somewhere in the summer! (yea, I still need to figure out a correct date with everyone who wants to come!)

I know its all not that detailed, but the idea is here. And kick me if we don't get this going XD

I'd like to know who thinks he would be able to come, and dates (just a direction, tell us when ur on vacation or something.)

Well, I hope this is going to work out great.

P.S. Yea I'm coming out of the NL to do this, fun isn't it? xD

2. Re: Yes, a GM meet!

cool, if i'm working, i'll book a day off.

Excellent news!!!

3. Re: Yes, a GM meet!

da disco lives in a mansion so accommadation should be fine.

altho... please not england =P its a crappy place to be... lets make it Japan and rave it up there =D

EDIT: altho alot of ppl might be on holidays =(

ps. Disco will pay for ur travel expenses and give you a lift in his armor coated Hummer

4. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

Re: Yes, a GM meet!

haha xD

Btw, another reason for you guys to travel hundreds of miles to come.
    YOU GET TO SEE DISCO THA INDIGO! :D

5. Re: Yes, a GM meet!

yeah i live in the centre of England (Derby), shrew lives 5 miles east of me (Nottingham and cookie, squeak and tonk live about 40 miles south of me (Leicester). We have 2 airports in the midlands, Birmingham Airport and East Midlands Airport, and Manchester Airport isn't to far away either plus the M1 motoway is Very close to Derby, Nottingham and Leicester.

6. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

yes, I'll be staying in Nottingham btw, at beau's ( PROBABLY! not sure yet :()

So, how about we do it in Nottingham? :)

7. Re: Yes, a GM meet!

Well Nottingham or Derby would be fine since they are very close to each other. Plus cookies grandparants live in derby

8. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

AIght, or Derby. We need some1 who lives there then who can find us a nice place ;P

9. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaharrrrr mateys! The home guard need to stand by to repel boarders it seems..

10. Re: Yes, a GM meet!

Hotel or B&B?

11. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

Well, that something I think we should talk about with everone who's coming
    I mean it has to be fun for everyone :P
    All ages, (I guess if tonk's coming so is squeak eh xD)

How about we first to a LAN, and laugh our asses off seeing eachother play.
    And then do something else? paintball example, or even bowling. Okay, no bowling. :P

12. Re: Yes, a GM meet!

Cool, if I am free then i'm really up for this :)

If there is a LAN event up and coming then that would be great. Playing TF2/L4D in the same hall together and the drinking of the beers etc. etc.!!! :lol:

If not then meh lets just go pubs clubs and get some grub :)

Disco

ps Funny, I was just speaking to a couple of reprobates about 2hrs ago about the same thing :)

13. Re: Yes, a GM meet!

Screw paintballing airsofting ftw

14. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

Beau just told me nottingham has LAZAAARS! :O
    that'd be cool as well, first shoot in tf2, then with ze lazers!

15. Re: Yes, a GM meet!

I know of 2 places in derby that have lazers

16. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

lazerquesting?

Itsa race between nottingham and derby, rofl.

17. Re: Yes, a GM meet!

yeah, 1 right near where kid will be staying (that has bowling XD) and 1 in the city centre

18. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Laser games?!?!?! awhh yeahh
    http://www.laserfun.co.uk/

There's the one in the town center, kinda for kids but it's funny as hell, then all the more serious ones out in the country, including paintball and clay pidgeon shooting for us more civilised folk (eh disco :D)

There's also quad biking nearby (no webby I can find) and obv bowling and shiz.

As for venues..there used to be a lan place but I think that's gone now. I can have a look round. We could hire rooms but we do boast one of the oldest pubs in england (among others ;) ) although on a more family-oriented thing..we could rent a room for the day or summat. There's hotels and rooms to rent for a day or so in town :)

19. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

where kid will be staying? whatya mean?
    and is the one in the centre more expensive?

We still gotto figure out who is gonna pay for this shiiiit ;S

and I see lots of ideas coming up

20. Re: Yes, a GM meet!

Kid has grandparants that live in derby right near one of the lazerquest places.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)