your screwing it all up man

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by The Xtractor, 18 May 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

your screwing it all up man

about the recruitment, i thought we had some nice rules for that, is some weird admin thinking all about new things and taking all actions and stuff.. what the hell man.

it was 1 week of GM-R, now its suddenly 3 days, and the same day the app was posted a vote topic? when did that happen.

no offence, but i really begin to understand why everyone is leaving.
    bigtime.

2. Geit Coding wizard!

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  3. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

Re: your screwing it all up man

i see nowhere in that topic "3 days until vote" and rocketdog had 1 week too, so you just changed it outta nowhere.

4. Re: your screwing it all up man

I´ve lold.

5. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

thats good for you.

6. Geit Coding wizard!

In the case that you can't read or understand, that thread says that as soon as they meet the requirements, they are put into voting, which lasts for 3 days - per the recruition policy, if you are unfamailar with it, please read it.

7. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

just screw this man, this is a noob attract, no offence for the new members, your not noobs.

but every fool who bought tf2 a week ago can join the clan.

8. Geit Coding wizard!

No, they can't, I could consider you a noob because you only ever play on DB, but I don't.

The simple fact is that we are not about skill, we are about having a fun community with a friendly atmosphere in which to play the game, if you don't like that, then go ahead and leave. but the recruitment system currently in place is more than enough to filter out bad cantidates.

9. Re: your screwing it all up man

Sorry to interject here, but while I'm aware I had around 1 week (my original application has been removed so I can't confirm that), I have been here for quite some time. I've only recently applied to join the clan as I feel that only now am I able to be able to devote the time to the clan that it deserves.

The voting section is where clan members can voice their opinions of the player applying, and where the application can be completely blocked if they exhibit the "noob" tendancies that Xtractor has mentioned. While 3 days might seem a short period of time for voting, I'm sure none of the recruits that have recently joined (myself, Longbow or London) would have minded an extension to a week of voting if it meant that we would be warmly welcomed into the [GM] fold. :)

Looking back at the application template, it requires (time-wise):

2 weeks of |GM|
    >> Application put in -> accepted/rejected <<
    Up to 2 weeks of [GM-R] if successful
    3 days of voting

By my maths that's around a month's worth of history - if a player is serious about being in the clan then they will have proved it one way or another during that time period.

My personal opinion is that the 2 weeks of [GM-R] should be fixed (not up to), except in case of certain members that have already established themselves over a significant period of time. Those exceptions could be discussed in the private clan section of the forums and be subject to informal clan agreement.

Phew, sorry for all the text guys, had to get everything down in one go! :D

10. Re: your screwing it all up man

Gm rly is that desperate? i loled my pants

11. Re: your screwing it all up man

<flamebait>

No offence Tricky, but I don't think those kind of comments really help. If you're just going to come on here and make such remarks, then perhaps you should consider sticking to reading the forums. I've only seen derogatory posts from you recently, or ones that seek to continue some weird internet-based war with Grendal over varying issues (I've really no idea what's going on there, nor do I mind my ignorance in that area).

</flamebait>

12. Ray

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't GM go from a clan to a community? There's a difference & the replies above me give the impression that they're not aware of the change or difference.

13. Longbow Victorique <3

As far as im aware you're correct Ray and i'm sure a thread was made showing the changes. https://www.gamingmasters.org/showthread.php?t=2300 <-- That.
    https://www.gamingmasters.org/showthread.php?t=2325 <-- And that.

I think these changes are better, as it brings together people from different games and expands GM's publicity.

The recruitment policy at the moment is good. I wore the |GM| tag for months and got to know a few members over time. We've had 7 applications and those applicants are friendly and determined, and thats what GM is about now. It's not about skill and KPD, it's about the friendships and fun times members could be having together. Thats my opinion on what the new GM is, and I think it's great.

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  14. Re: your screwing it all up man

I apologise for incorrect use of terms - I'm merely using "clan" to refer to those with the [GM] tag, and "community" for those using the |GM| one. I'm aware of the structural change to general community :)

15. Re: your screwing it all up man

Xtractor, ur really one to talk

16. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

euhm i dont get it?
    maybe because im not so good at english.

17. Knud Phat beats only

I'm not sure what to reply to this.. or if its even needed, but..

Dude, grow up and get over it.
    You tried for more than 2 months to get your application accepted... and then it still took a long time before you were accepted..
    Are you still "mad" or "sad" about that?
    If so, cry some more and leave please.

If not.. what is all the fuzz? If you want to join a "real" clan, than look elsewhere.

Edit: and yes you're English can use some improvements, but all the comments above yours are not really hard to understand IMHO

18. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

^^, im not mad or sad that i had to wait so long.
    im only irritated that i had to wait so long to get into GM and know its all F*cked up.

19. Longbow Victorique <3

Not F*cked up, improved.

20. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

half of GM leaving you call improved?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)